Titan 1 owners going HTC with WP8?

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I still am considering them. My Titan would appear to be an anomaly. Full bars most of the time, good call quality (not one person has complained - plus they come through clearly too), and has had updates to Windows Phone and firmware. My phone impressed everyone on a camping trip I went to in the US, and they were all considering Windows Phone (over their iPhones).

Must be international vs US, then. I see you're in England.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah ATT has done as much to destroy HTC brand loyalty as HTC has. But it is HTC's fault for not pushing ATT for updates like Nokia does. Nokia has had more updates on just one phone than HTC has had on all of theirs. That's sad and pathetic.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
have had multiple updates on my faultless titan.every update released on time through zune. just waitng for the titan3/zenith.

International vs US again. I'm the same, international TITAN, pretty much flawless. Still going with the Nokia Lumia 820 though. IF my mum lets me buy the damn phone.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
it is ATTs fault that they wont push through the update package that includes firmware patches that can fix this. Deplorable even. No problems here with the USB port, and the Tx rate on the antenna can be tweaked in firmware.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Call quality is thought to be a problem with the noise cancelation algorithm so that can be fixed with firmware. USB port is not cheap on mine. Have never had a problem. I have not even read about USB port problems. My signal is not as strong as iphone 4s next to it, but it sounds like that can be fixed with firmware as well. All stuff that ATT will not push through to the Titans because per them, they are still testing the software on their network.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
LoL. Sure.

So you're saying that HTC has been trying their hardest to support the Titan, but AT&T just hasn't let them?

Meanwhile, Nokia is able to roll fixes to their phones in a timely fashion.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
LoL. Sure.

So you're saying that HTC has been trying their hardest to support the Titan, but AT&T just hasn't let them?

Meanwhile, Nokia is able to roll fixes to their phones in a timely fashion.

And the iPhone 5 had a little WiFi problem and Verizon already issued an update to fix it while many TITANs still have the disappearing keyboard and the poor voice quality issues.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
voice quality is fine if you don't use a case. Any case messes with the noise canceling microphones and results in poor voice quality.

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Voice quality on my Titan is bad regardless of naked phone or with the Case Mate Tough Case. Also, the tape on the top microphone hole didn't fix it.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I also talk with the phone on my left ear rather that right so that could have something to do with the position of the mics.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
To anyone still blaming AT&T for the T1's update problems, sorry to burst that bubble, but the Focus series from Samsung and the 900 have been supported. Samsung Androids on AT&T have been supported as well. HTC has dropped like a rock in sales because they have dropped like a rock in support and quality. That is WORLDWIDE sales, not just U.S. HTC sales on one carrier.

The T2 is better, but still not flawless. I am willing to at least look at the 8X, but I cannot see one solid reason to trust them at this point. There are too many other options out there that are closer to a guarantee of a good experience to gamble on a company in overall decline.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but international Titan's have gotten the updates. So HTC is just shunning the USA market?

Seems just about every device has been updated EXCEPT the Titan. Has the T2 gotten updates?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
so did HTC ever update the Connection Setup app for ST APNs? no? But they said they would in August! /sarcasm

dont support liars and scumbags.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
so did HTC ever update the Connection Setup app for ST APNs? no? But they said they would in August! /sarcasm

dont support liars and scumbags.
I am a diehard HTC fan, but after playing with the Lumia devices, unless Windows Phone 8 includes the Nokia Apps for Drive/Maps (rumor has it, it will), Nokia Music (no confirmation), Nokia Counters (no confirmation) and a competent Network Setup/Connection Setup App... Nokia will probably win my vote for my Windows Phone 8 device - if I even make the move.

I love bigger, better, faster, stronger, but honestly, if they updated my Titan to work with Red Pocket Mobile/Straight Talk/Net10 I wouldn't even be looking at other devices. Especially if the 7.8 update comes and includes the added Nokia software - or if it didn't have that cooky gold card 'modification method' for debranding it and HSPL...

I think I am going to be playing more with my 900 and just switch back to the Titan when I know I'm going somewhere with photo ops. Of course, all this is subject to change when I press enter and read some more about the 8 series and 920...

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
As of right now, my order of brands go

Microsoft (assuming its a BA high end phone)
Nokia
HTC
Samsung

The Titan is my first WP7 and also first HTC phone. My last WP was WinMo Treo. Been Blackberry since. Have a year left, so as of now, could be Windows, could be BB10/11. Will never be iOS if it remains similar and very doubtful it will ever be Android.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Treo 750 was a rad phone, it had Nokia like support too...loved that phone...nothing like HTC support thankfully.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers