Buying the Lumia 800 to replace iPhone 4

sheppy1#WN

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm basically looking at replacing my iPhone 4 with the Lumia 800 for the next year until my contract runs out, I'd like to try something other than an iPhone for once (I have owned a windows phone for a few months and did like it, just got rid of it because the battery was rubbish), anyway I'm, wondering if people think I'd regret swapping my iPhone 4 for a new Lumia 800..I do know that it won't get Windows Phone 8 but that doesn't bother me as I only have a need for a few apps anyway and most of them are available on WP7, I'd be able to get the Lumia for ?150 which I think is a good deal, look forward to hearing your opinions.

Nicky06011983

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I got rid of my iPhone 4s for a Lumia 900 and have not regretted it since I love this phone and I'm not going back to apple.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

sheppy1#WN

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh okay, good to hear that there are other iPhone to windows phone converts :p. As I say I'm not too bothered about the apps, sure there will be some I'll miss but they're not important to me anyway. How long does it take to charge the phone btw? Just I know my iPhone 4 charges pretty quickly, also how long does the battery last? I've heard bad things about it..my iPhone lasts about 5 Hours usage and 12 hours standy..so just about gets me through the day..

sheppy1#WN

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Also I would wait for WP8 devices to appear but I know for a fact they are going to cost more than ?150 which is the price I can get the 800 for..

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Oh okay, good to hear that there are other iPhone to windows phone converts :p. As I say I'm not too bothered about the apps, sure there will be some I'll miss but they're not important to me anyway. How long does it take to charge the phone btw? Just I know my iPhone 4 charges pretty quickly, also how long does the battery last? I've heard bad things about it..my iPhone lasts about 5 Hours usage and 12 hours standy..so just about gets me through the day..

Nokia lists talk time as 9.5 hours.

Nokia Lumia 800 Specifications - Nokia - USA

All indications suggests that the Lumia 800 will get the 7.8 update, plus you're gonna get all the Nokia exclusive apps and Nokia Drive. Not a bad deal, IMO.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i get b/t 15-20 hours on my L800 with moderate use. i swapped my 4s for one after my L900 went into a pool with me. the only thing the iphone has over any wp7 handset is app selection, but honestly, i use about 10 apps regularly (social networks, banking, messaging) and windows phone basically has them.

if the 920's screen is even close to the design of the 800 (as far as the convex glass goes) i'm going to be really happy with it when i pick one up, as the 800 is one of the nicest phones design wise i've held in my hands.

well, everything but the stupid flap for the usb port. not that it's not well made, just the fact that it's there on something i use everyday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs