Next issue...copy photos from lumia 710

cryospartan

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Ok. So I cant decrease my resolution with the software on the phone below 5MP in 4:3 format. Disappointment is too weak a word. My next issue... How do I copy my photos from my phone to a folder on my comp. I found out I cant utilize the phone as USB mass storage which sucks. Next I try to utilize zune...Told it to sync to a specific folder. Dragged my selected photos from the phone to the laptop icon...nothing...they are not there...verrrryyyyy frustrating and not user friendly. HELP!

EDIT: To clarify...I see the photos through the zune software on my computer within a folder named "Pictures" , which is within the folder I selected. However when I attempt to look for the folder through "my computer", not through zune, the folder is not there.

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Search your PC for the name of your Phone as indicated in Zune. Pictures are stored in a folder which has your phones name in it.

You could also use the app 'Camera Roll Sync' from Marketplace which will sync full-res images to SkyDrive and access the pictures from there, no Zune sync needed.

shikharkum

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok. So I cant decrease my resolution with the software on the phone below 5MP in 4:3 format. Disappointment is too weak a word. My next issue... How do I copy my photos from my phone to a folder on my comp. I found out I cant utilize the phone as USB mass storage which sucks. Next I try to utilize zune...Told it to sync to a specific folder. Dragged my selected photos from the phone to the laptop icon...nothing...they are not there...verrrryyyyy frustrating and not user friendly. HELP!

EDIT: To clarify...I see the photos through the zune software on my computer within a folder named "Pictures" , which is within the folder I selected. However when I attempt to look for the folder through "my computer", not through zune, the folder is not there.
Hi cryospartan,

In Zune, go to settings --> software --> pictures -->manage.. and for pictures select items i choose. Include a folder there where u want ur pictur to be stores. All ur pictures are then auto synced and u can view them under colelctions in zune. The pictures in collections are saved to ur pc and u can easily get system path for the pictures from there.

Hope this resolves ur issue.

Hope

cryospartan

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Well I figured out where it stores the pics...not in the folder I originally designated but whatever, at least I can access them. This reminds me of 5 years ago when I bough an ipod, how convoluted itunes was, and why I never went with an iphone. I am dis-illusioned whith my experience so far. The lack of camera options in the 710 and sync options via zune are not a user friendly experience. They are quite the opposite. I will give it some more time to see if its my inexperience with windows 7.5 that is hindering me, having exposure primarily to symbian (belle) and android.

schiri

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Well I figured out where it stores the pics...not in the folder I originally designated but whatever, at least I can access them. This reminds me of 5 years ago when I bough an ipod, how convoluted itunes was, and why I never went with an iphone. I am dis-illusioned whith my experience so far. The lack of camera options in the 710 and sync options via zune are not a user friendly experience. They are quite the opposite. I will give it some more time to see if its my inexperience with windows 7.5 that is hindering me, having exposure primarily to symbian (belle) and android.

Agreed.
And have you tried to forward an email via Google?
Recipient sees some mumble jumble smime code surrounding the message itself.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
What about using sky drive upload photos to sky drive then move them around were you want, you can set to upload automatically each time you take pictures.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss