Lumia 900 is now $0.99 at AT&T

briesenbeck

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Just a heads up for everyone.

I bought a Lumia 900 yesterday at the $49.99 price. I checked the website today and the price had dropped to $0.99. I took my receipt into the store and they refunded me $49.

They have a price protection policy so if you bought one recently, you might want to give them a call and see what they can do for you. The reps at the store didn't even know the price had dropped, so this literally just happened today.

marantaz

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I think they dropped it because the Lumia 920 launch is coming up.

I know, but it's a big drop, and tells me that what sells it had have dropped considerably as well. I mean, I got my Trophy for free on upgrade, but that was a year after the phone had been out. $0.99 from your 'exclusive' partner? Will this hurt the image of Nokia overall, or will it hurt the 920 sales if the buyer is informed about the 7.8 upgrade? Seems like they could have waited a month or two...

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Great deal for you, but not good news for Nokia... and not encouraging me to buy Nokia either.

I'm baffled as to why this isn't a good thing.

- They have a new phone coming so it makes sense for the price drop

- .99 on contract can provide an incentive. I know people that bought the 3GS THIS year because it being free/penny

- Unlike the "tech-savvy" internet world, the general population of people that don't browse these forums DO NOT care about getting 8.0 experience. 80% of the people that walk in a phone store have NO idea of what they want to buy.

jamesdean74

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine delivered yesterday, bought brand new on eBay for $255 free shipping. Heading to att today to get a sim card. Loving the l900, this will hold me over until the 920 comes next month.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Rogers is selling the 900 for $0/3yr and the 710 for $0.99/3yr. Seem off to anybody else? No reduction in no-term price for either phone.

TELUS 800 has gone from $30 down to $0/3yr but is also unchanged outright.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
At&t is trying to clear inventory as the wp8 devices start to roll out. This isn't a no confidence vote announcement to the world.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

STM 69

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine delivered yesterday, bought brand new on eBay for $255 free shipping. Heading to att today to get a sim card. Loving the l900, this will hold me over until the 920 comes next month.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Soooo... You paid $255 for a phone that you're going to use for a month?

Posted from My Mobile App

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I got my white L900 1-half month ago at $248 fully aware of the L920 launching soon. No Regret ! Worth every penny ! Better than investing in a anorexically thin & emptily light iphone 5.
Love My 900, Lusting The 920 ;)

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I signed up with AT&T at the end of August and got a white Lumia 900 knowing that the most significant upgrade was going to be 7.8 and beyond that there were Windows Phone 8 devices on the horizon (likely towards November/December) that would be just as good if not better. I loved the phone and it was the best choice I could have made. I hated the camera, switched to a One X and regretted it. The One X was full of lag and the camera was the pretty much the only positive. The Lumia hooked up with my Google Apps account so I had my contacts, calendar and email. I negotiated a 2nd 30-day exchange going from the One X back to a Lumia 900 - the store said that was a FIRST for them seeing someone return a high-end Android phone for a Windows device. I said in about 60 days it would probably start to be the norm.

Things on Windows Phone just work. I never thought I'd say that being a staunch support of Android for years but Nokia and Microsoft have changed my mind.

STM 69

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
If you can get all/most of your $ back on a 900, I guess it makes sense. Me, I'm suffering through a few final weeks of boredom with IOS until I switch.

Posted from My Mobile App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12