Connecting Lumia 900 with PC using WiFi

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
In Zune it does display that I can connect Lumia 900 using WiFi. But in my case it never displays the device connected when my PC and Lumia 900 are connected to the same router

alaozx

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Is your phone plugged in to the wall charger after you turned on wireless sync? Wireless sync only works when the phone is being charged.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Is your phone plugged in to the wall charger after you turned on wireless sync? Wireless sync only works when the phone is being charged.

Wireless sync starts 10 mins after the phone is put on charge.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

The phone is fully charged is there really need o plug it on to a charger. Lets say right now my phone is fully charged so does it require plugin?

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Depends how you look at it. I can't be bothered to keep looking for my phone charger cable, to connect to my pc. It's always in the charger, so why bother keep moving it?

By the same measure, if you've got a hidden desktop machine, do you want to mess around with cables on it?

It'll be even better with the Nokia wp8 devices, and wireless charging. Just put my phone down, job done.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Depends how you look at it. I can't be bothered to keep looking for my phone charger cable, to connect to my pc. It's always in the charger, so why bother keep moving it?

By the same measure, if you've got a hidden desktop machine, do you want to mess around with cables on it?

It'll be even better with the Nokia wp8 devices, and wireless charging. Just put my phone down, job done.

It doesn't bother. But Lumia 900 has non user replacable battery. So after 180 - 200 charge the battery will start degrading. Every charge whether it is for 2 hours or few minutes when connected with PC will count and reduce the life of battery. It doesn't bother but would worry me

kehanra99

May 11, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't bother. But Lumia 900 has non user replacable battery. So after 180 - 200 charge the battery will start degrading. Every charge whether it is for 2 hours or few minutes when connected with PC will count and reduce the life of battery. It doesn't bother but would worry me

Technically a li ion battery only counts 100% cycles as a cycle. Charging the phone 5 times from 80% to 100% is 1 cycle the same way that charging a dead phone to 100% is 1 cycle. Any time the charge amounts to adding 100% battery level over any time period, that's 1 cycle. High end estimates give about 1000 cycles before your battery capacity is 75-80% of original spec.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss