Clock keeps gaining time.

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
By my reckoning, it is gaining maybe a minute to a minute and a half per week. Doesn't sound much, but it starts to add up unless I keep it in check.

Not to mention of course, that it really shouldn't be happening at all. I have tried looking on the marketplace, but can't find a single auto time updater. My old Nokia had an option to set the time via the net and was always bang on.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
In settings on your device check "Date and time" make sure it's set to automatic. That should do the trick.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
You don't have this?

dave-blake-albums48-271.jpg
dave-blake-albums48-270.jpg

That is odd this is the first time I have heard of this. My AT&T devices have this option available even with the sim card removed. What carrier are you on?

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
No that's definitely missing. I have the 24hr clock option and then the manual settings below it. I'm in the UK so maybe that is a factor. Although my old phone (nokia 5530) was with the same carrier (T Mobile) and definitely had an automatic option.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
In that case the only other thing I can think to do is contact your cell provider and make sure they have the correct IMEI registered. I know some things won't show up on my device like internet sharing for example. If I am using a device that's not registered internet sharing won't even be in the options list.

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Managed to contact T-Mobile U.K and they said the feature isn't supported on the Lumia 710.

Very frustrating as I can put my sim in my Nokia symbian device and the option is there. Quite why T-Mobile don't support it on a Windows Phone is anyone's guess :mad:

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to say this has to be a T-Mobile UK thing, as my 710 has this feature. Not sure why they would disable this for the UK version though.

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to say this has to be a T-Mobile UK thing, as my 710 has this feature. Not sure why they would disable this for the UK version though.
It is incredibly frustrating as the phone is terrible at keeping time otherwise. I have an old cheap digital watch here that keeps better time!

Aigars

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It happens (all the time) to my lumia 710 also. It's stupid that such new and smart(?) phones can't do such a simple task like keeping the time correctly :eck: And it's also strange that there isn't really anything to do about it :/ Nokia 3310 would show correct time even after 100 years while being without battery :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99