"I'm so sick of new phones being better..."

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Funny story I thought I'd share...

The other night I was with a group of friends, and the majority of them had the iPhone 4s/5.

They were all talking about how much they all loved their new phones and talking about all of the new features.

I showed them my teal Lumia 900, and jaws dropped! I gave a quick demo of the People Hub and it's facebook integration, I showed them the Zune interface, and I showed them that any app they use is in the Marketplace.

One of my friends that had the 5 got so "sad" and said, "I'm so sick of new phones being better than my iPhone!"

Trust me, I was sure to let him know that my phone had been out for 1/2 of a year, and that he could have bought one for .99 cents. :p

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
that's the reactions my friends get when they are trying to do something and I do it in less then half the time with my Trophy! So far I've embarrassed countless iPhone 5s, Galaxy Nexus', and Galaxy S 3s with my year and a half old charm! Then when I win, I like to show them a PowerPoint I made on my phone about how its better than theirs! ;) haha

voosham

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget to point out your WP7.x phones are running on single core processors. :)

This is one point i really love to point out.
My dad has an HTC One X with a quad core processor and i can still perform day to day tasks faster than he can :)

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I switched to a Galaxy Nexus from a Lumia 900. I was amazed at how much longer it took me to do everyday tasks on the Nexus. I just sold the Nexus and will be getting the Lumia 920 on release day.

h4ck3d

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I would agree, the best is beating the google search on the iphone's and andriod's with bing. Ill be out and someone asks a question, everyone pulls out their phones to find it, and i have the answer before any of their phones are done searching, and on top of having the answer I have were you can get it locally and can get directions before they can even launch another app to get that information. I have actually switched Die hard apple fans over to windows phones. its great!:cool:

Last edited:

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I would agree, the best is beating the google search on the iphone's and andriod's with bing. Ill be out and someone asks a question, everyone pulls out their phones to find it, and i have the answer before any of their phones are done searching, and on top of having the answer I have were you can get it locally and can get directions before they can even launch another app to get that information. I have actually switched Die hard apple fans over to windows phones. its great!:cool:

I'm looking forward to doing this with my group of friends. Out of the group of us there are 5 iphones, 2 android phones, and a couple dumb phones. I will be the only WP. We'll see how many WP's there are once people can start upgrading ;-)

pandalove1027

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I love watching the video series of Windows Phone 7 beating everyone out. I've had an iPhone for over 4 years and it's made me happy thus far but I am now bored and ready for change. Cannot wait to get a Lumia 920. I'm a little scared of it not living up to my expectations but I'm hopeful that it will be better than I can imagine. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss