Does windows phone 8 allow you to install apps on micro sd?

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Yea I wish they allowed you to install the apps to the SD card. I have had to delete most of my games in order to install the new games which take up alot of space. I have them all saved on my SD card so I can easily install them back when I clear up space from games I complete, but if much rather just have them all installed on the card.

Rob Shepherd

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I would send an email to HTC! Right to the top! I would tell them something like this " I bought this phone, but can not use it! My question ist: is there some kind of an update coming which will change my situation, or not? If not, I am forced to buy another phone (Lumia 620). I would like to have a clear answer. Thanks in advance..."

The thing is that you can not just hope that an update will come... If you knew for sure that something like that is going to happen, I am sure you would wait...but I doubt that HTC will give you some clear answers...

I called HTC support tonight about this issue and was told by the adviser i spoke to that so far im the 2nd person hes heard off whose called in about this issue. Maybe if enough of us call in they will either find a fix themselves or get onto Microsoft about them coming up with a fix. Either way its extra attention bought to the issue which can only get things resolved faster. On the bright side tho i should have a call or e-mail back from the tmoz at some point during the day so if there is any important info in there i will let ya all know here.

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Nokia fixed this a few months ago only for offline maps storage, but that already helps a lot.

In some cases, only a little to none. I am not using offline maps so it's not important for me.
The best solution would be if all applications could store their data on the memory card. That's it. And of course the (in)famous "OTHER" storage folder bug should be resolved.
Now it's size just increases even while normal phone usage, without application installing. From what I observed, it contains for example the data for e-mails.

So to sum up, it's not up to Nokia or HTC to resolve this, it's Microsoft that is responsible. And yes, Nokia has shown the correct direction.

radu191289

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Some people here are far from the subject...

I own HTC 8S too, and 1.3GB is way too low, I can store 2 smaller games and some basic apps, but the in time the phone will use another few extra MBs. Last time I deleted everything (games apps, emails, maps, internet stuff...) I ended with only ~700mb (the rest were useless files that could not be deleted) so I restored to factory settings. Probably the reason they haven't released an updated for this so far is the fear of piracy-related problems? I don't really think so because they can ask for a marketplace verification each time the phone finds a new card with apps installed.

I know it's an old post but I just saw it now: you paid for maps? I don't get it? the maps are free to download, I downloaded my region (around 120mb) and the default maps application does a great job showing the right way from a place to another, and the estimated time really surprised me!

Raman Dhawan

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Not apps. but you can store your offline maps on SD Card. Search for an app named "Lumia storage check". this app will help you to change the default storage location to sd card for maps only.

Saeid Ab

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Htc 8S or Lumia520?

I want to buy htc 8s but my friend told me that I cant install app on sd card and that awful! You said that there is a update? How can I install? Is it possible?
Which one do you suggest me? Plz tell me as soon as possible!
Thanks in advance!

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Htc 8S or Lumia520?

I want to buy htc 8s but my friend told me that I cant install app on sd card and that awful! You said that there is a update? How can I install? Is it possible?
Which one do you suggest me? Plz tell me as soon as possible!
Thanks in advance!

No, no and no ! NO update at the moment allows to install ANYTHING on the microSD card. If you want to buy 8S, concentrate on - well, maybe - its looks. This phone is beautiful. But that's all. If large amount of memory is what you need, look elsewhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3