Does windows phone 8 allow you to install apps on micro sd?

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I wish they did... Pretty stupid of Microsoft if you ask me, I have the 8S and only have around 500MB of Memory left, I wish I could just pop my 16GB SD Card in and download away, but nope, it seems Microsoft would rather you cough up money you probably do not have to buy a new phone with more memory.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
the sooner you understand that apps cannot be installed to SD the better for you. :)it is OS limitation and not a problem with certain phone. ;-)

Do we really want installing apps to SD card make the super smooth WindowsPhone OS to become lagging nightmare like Android phones? I don't think so.

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
the sooner you understand that apps cannot be installed to SD the better for you. :)it is OS limitation and not a problem with certain phone. ;-)

Do we really want installing apps to SD card make the super smooth WindowsPhone OS to become lagging nightmare like Android phones? I don't think so.

I was given a Xperia SP as a company phone. Believe me, well constructed Android phones are not lagging anymore.
I have moved most of the biggest apps to the microSD card and it's working perfectly.

And WP is not super smooth when phone memory is almost full.

The only thing that is missing is not even moving the apps to the SD card, but their DATA as the APP DATA most often is quite big chunk.

Jean Valette

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue - I bought the 8S as I wanted to test WinPhone8 and not to end up dissatisfied after spending much on a Lumia 920 or so. First of all, I`m happy I did this because my personal belief is that Windows Phone 8 was released before finished, my phone switches off often due to some problem...

Anyways, its the same thing - the 8S comes with 4GB of internal memory and the Windows itself takes about 70% of it and keeps eating space due to some reason. No idea who came up with this great thought to make a phone with slightly more memory then the OS itself needs and where you cannot install apps on your SD card...Brillian work and the first and last HTC I am having. Also, I do not understand why are they allowed to advertise the phone as having 4GB of internal storage when you can only get it with WP8 where it comes with less than a gig of actual storage space, I`m sure someone could win a lawsuit for consumer misleading.

kcpr_raffaEl

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3