T-Mobile: Lumia 810 vs HTC 8X vs Lumia 920 (Unlocked)

kbagrows

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Agreed!

Guys don't be disappointed by the screen it is beautiful. I wrote this earlier in the general discussion forum and I will copy it here:

"I was at an AT&T store this morning comparing the 820 and the 920 and although the 920 did have higher resolution you really have to stare at it to notice the improvement. I was totally unimpressed with the screen on the 920. It did not look as impressive as the HTC One X. Side by side I found the 820 display more pleasing to look at overall. It had vibrant punchy colors and it is way brighter than the 920 at the same brightness. The 920 looked very dark even at the highest setting but don't take my word for it. Go to your local AT&T store and see for yourself. I want to remind you that I am a current AT&T customer, I am eligible for upgrade, and I can afford anything I want and I will not be getting the 920. I will be switching to T-Mobile to get the 810 and today's display comparison made my mind up for me. The display on the 820 was beautiful, vibrant, punchy, and bright with no noticable pixellation. I think it's my preference for AMOLED screens over LCD that made me enjoy the overall experience. Remember the 810/820 have RGB Stripe screens not PenTile so that is why I couldn't notice any pixellation. This morning the 820 looked almost HD to me. Go to AT&T and see for yourself. Don't purchase on specs purchase on experience."

I went to an AT&T store last night, prepared to leave TMo (out of contract) and was shocked at the screens of the 920 and 820. I just don't like the 920 screen, it does seem dark. 8x screen was gorgeous, but I like the wireless charging and Nokia apps. Was really impressed with the 820, so I stopped by a TMo store over lunch and looked at the 810. Really impressive phone. I do think anyone considering leaving TMo for the 920 should give it serious consideration.

nimbus510

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I just traded my HTC 8x in for the Lumia 810.

My 8x was having all sorts of weird issues. The most annoying was that I would constantly miss calls/texts/voicemails because the phone would not go off. It would also never show that I had a new text/vm/missed call until I did something to "refresh" it, like sending a text or making a call. Then suddenly everything I missed would come reporting in, timestamped with when I SHOULD HAVE received them. On top of that, the camera started bugging out, turning all green and refusing to take pictures requiring a full restart.

I've had the 810 for a few days now, and aside from the physical design, I like it a lot better than the 8x. Life is better with the Nokia-exclusive apps, and HTC didn't have any exclusive apps that were very useful.

One confusing thing though is that the 810 is reportedly capable of supporting microSDXC cards up to 64GB according to the Microsoft Store, T-Mobile, and Nokia websites. However, the packaging for the phone clearly says it only supports up to 32GB of expandable memory. What's the deal there?

The other main issue I have with the 810 is that for some reason "Internet Sharing" (mobile hotspot) is not available from the settings menu. This is available on the HTC 8x, and even the Lumia 710, so why the heck isn't it on the 810? Even with the advantage of Nokia apps, this is kind of a deal-breaker...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I just traded my HTC 8x in for the Lumia 810.

My 8x was having all sorts of weird issues. The most annoying was that I would constantly miss calls/texts/voicemails because the phone would not go off. It would also never show that I had a new text/vm/missed call until I did something to "refresh" it, like sending a text or making a call. Then suddenly everything I missed would come reporting in, timestamped with when I SHOULD HAVE received them. On top of that, the camera started bugging out, turning all green and refusing to take pictures requiring a full restart.

I've had the 810 for a few days now, and aside from the physical design, I like it a lot better than the 8x. Life is better with the Nokia-exclusive apps, and HTC didn't have any exclusive apps that were very useful.

One confusing thing though is that the 810 is reportedly capable of supporting microSDXC cards up to 64GB according to the Microsoft Store, T-Mobile, and Nokia websites. However, the packaging for the phone clearly says it only supports up to 32GB of expandable memory. What's the deal there?

The other main issue I have with the 810 is that for some reason "Internet Sharing" (mobile hotspot) is not available from the settings menu. This is available on the HTC 8x, and even the Lumia 710, so why the heck isn't it on the 810? Even with the advantage of Nokia apps, this is kind of a deal-breaker...

Internet sharing is available on my 810

postalmarky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
woow you guys are great. Thank you soo much for all of your infos, I am now leaning towards Lumia 810.
I have had Lumia 810 for about a month now, and I love it. I upgraded from the 710 which was also a great little phone. I bought the cyan wireless charging shell and the wireless charging stand as well, great and very convenient.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise