Will T-Mobile's $30 Plan work on Lumia 710 for 4G?

MiguelAMX

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have searched around and found that the Lumia 710 T-Mobile version is the only WP handset to support the carriers 4G. I want to purchase it from Amazon - Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 710 4G Prepaid Windows Phone, White (T-Mobile): Cell Phones & Accessories

My question is. In order to activate a phone with the $30 4G-3G plan. Will I need a seperate activation kit ? I'm sorry if it seems silly, but I feel like the activation kit in the T-Mobile version might not have that option. Can anyone confirm that a loose activation kit will enable the $30 plan on Lumia 710-TM version ?

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that you will need to buy an activation kit. They're very cheap. I got one for my Lumia 710 from eBay for about $3 or so. Again, very cheap. You *must* have an activation kit, then you can activate it, and put the phone on the $30/month plan.

Relic3

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 710 - Prepaid

Hi MiguelAMX,

What you are asking is exactly what I did. Purchased a 710 used then got a non-active SIM from TMO and used their $30 plan. It was a bit confusing to setup the first time but will work.

Ask a rep at the store about just purchasing an unactivated microSIM kit. There isn't a special type, any one would work. It will probably cost you around $30. There is the SIM and some other instruction manuals in it. Don't do anything else at the store.

With the handset and the SIM card, do the activation yourself. Instructions in the kit will show you how. The $30 plan can only be activated from their website on a "first time" activation. If you switch to a different plan for a month you will lose it and have to do another activation. The reps probably wont be crazy about selling you an unactivated SIM but they will if you press them and let them know you will do it yourself. I was up and running in about 25 minutes. You will need the device ID and the SIM number so have both those ready.

Mine has been working great for the last 6 months.

mcpayton

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
This is what I did also...710 from Ebay, then bought a MicroSim from T-Mobile's Web site, currently only $1 :
Prepaid Cell Phone Plans, No Annual Contract | Monthly4G | T-Mobile

Then activated online for their $30 a month plan. One odd thing that happened when trying to activate was the online activation was failing complaining about a invalid IMEI. I thought I got hosed with a stolen phone. But after calling Tech support they had me enter all 1's and it worked. Weird, but it's been good since so whatever, no complaints.

ravivasista

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I used the 30 unlimited 4G plan and it works. If you dont talk much, then you can go with it, otherwise, i would stick with 30$ 1500mins plan or bump up to $50

cheerio

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre