Hello HTC 8S owners..

davide445

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
It's out in Australia and New Zealand

Edit: I can't find evidence, probably I was wrong, they will be launched after November 20th worldwide.

Hope to be one of the first to have one!

Last edited:

Lean4838

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
It's out in Australia and New Zealand

Edit: I can't find evidence, probably I was wrong, they will be launched after November 20th worldwide.

Hope to be one of the first to have one!

It's november 20 here in the Philippines and the 8X isn't even out yet :( All HTC Philippines does is tease and tease pictures on their website. No set release date yet for the 8X and much more, the 8S.

I'm starting to get frustrated!!!

madhu.tmk

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello Danny:)
I'll be grateful if u can answer these..

1) What color did u pick?
2) How's the screen and performance?
3) How much phone storage is available out of the box?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello Danny:)
I'll be grateful if u can answer these..

1) What color did u pick?
2) How's the screen and performance?
3) How much phone storage is available out of the box?

Hey man. I picked the blue one
The screen is alright. Which makes sense. Since it's budget phone.and the performance is good. Better than my omnia w
There's only 4GB. but expandable

madhu.tmk

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks danny.. But i asked about the free storage which is available to you.. You know some amount of storage out of that 4gb is for the os.. Can u please go to the settings and find it for me..?

s4smo

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi, i would also wanna know, how much free space after the OS is on the Device. I guess it should be something between 1,8 - 2,3 GB of free storage. Please confirm this for me:)
Another quetion: What do you think about the camera. Can you compare it to your Omnia 7 Device and it is better or worse? Thanks a lot!
Smo

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Um. Ok. there's 4GB but there's a MicroSD. I think the Cam is fine for a low end phone. Um for Wp8 and MicroSD storage is bloody better than your Omnia 7

madhu.tmk

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
you're not getting the point brother.. all your apps can only be installed on your phone storage.. micro-sd is only for music, videos and documents..
so just go to SETTINGS>PHONE STORAGE and find out how much free space out of that 4gb is available to you.. and since os is installed on that 4gb you only get around 2 gb for your apps.. so please go there and find the exact amount..

oconnomiyaki

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I picked up one of these recently.

For your memory question, I think there was 1.67GB left on the 4GB out of the box.

Now, for me, that's not a problem. I installed every app that I wanted plus a couple of games and I still have just over 500GB left. For some people, especially people who love apps, that might not be enough. For me, though, I don't use my phone for much except playing music, checking emails, Facebook and the Internet in general, and (shock) making phone calls. So I suppose you'd say that I'm someone who falls into the target market for this phone. (I hate having apps when there is a perfectly viable mobile site available.)

I came from an Xperia S, which I ended up getting rid of because for all the extra specs under the hood, the build quality was terrible and the phone unreliable. I cannot really tell the difference between the Xperia S's screen (which is HD with, I believe, one of the best PPI ratios in the business). I will miss that camera, though.

Pros:

+ Beats audio. I was a sceptic; now a believer.
+ The phone is light and just the right size for me.
+ Syncs nicely with Outlook and other Microsoft services.
+ Xbox Music and Smart Glass.
+ Really nice design.
+ A budget Windows 8 phone is still a nicer experience than a high-end Android phone.

Cons

- The memory is fine for my needs, especially with an SD card, but more would obviously be welcome.
- The camera is a little bland, but obviously I'm coming from the 12MP one found in the Xperia S.

Battery life seems standard, for me. I got blue because that was the only option in New Zealand.

All my pros and cons are personal opinion, naturally. ;)

Hope that helps!

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

For your memory question, I think there was 1.67GB left on the 4GB out of the box.

Now, for me, that's not a problem. I installed every app that I wanted plus a couple of games and I still have just over 500GB left. For some people, especially people who love apps, that might not be enough. For me, though, I don't use my phone for much except playing music, checking emails, Facebook and the Internet in general, and (shock) making phone calls. So I suppose you'd say that I'm someone who falls into the target market for this phone. (I hate having apps when there is a perfectly viable mobile site available.)

I came from an Xperia S, which I ended up getting rid of because for all the extra specs under the hood, the build quality was terrible and the phone unreliable. I cannot really tell the difference between the Xperia S's screen (which is HD with, I believe, one of the best PPI ratios in the business). I will miss that camera, though.

Pros:

+ Really nice design.
+ A budget Windows 8 phone is still a nicer experience than a high-end Android phone.

Cons

- The memory is fine for my needs, especially with an SD card, but more would obviously be welcome.
- The camera is a little bland, but obviously I'm coming from the 12MP one found in the Xperia S.

Battery life seems standard, for me. I got blue because that was the only option in New Zealand.

Hope that helps!

I got the 8S yesterday but the thing I overlooked which you have as well is that apps cache data so that 500mv you have free will soon be a lot less. Have you notices the free space disappear the more you use the phone?

corsica

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Pros:

+ Really nice design.

Cons

Hope that helps!
thank you, you seem to want to use the phone in a similar way as I do. I'm now more confident I can live with the lack of storage :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss