Ordered From Microsoft Store Online

danieljhb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
So I ordered from the Microsoft Store Online yesterday and upgraded to the overnight shipping for $9.99. Well my order was approved but now it says "Approved - awaiting inventory". I'm really irritated. I called in and got them to waive the shpping charges, but they have no idea when they'll get the phone in. With the weekend coming and next week being Thanksgiving, I'm worried I won't get it for 2 weeks!

Meanwhile, the Santa Clara, CA store has them in stock and I'll be near it later today. But they charge tax, as opposed to buying online which was tax free. I also got 8% off buying from the Microsoft Store ONLINE with my Capital One credit card. That's a $73.41 difference. I don't know what to do but I really wanted this phone before the weekend.

Does anybody have any information olr guesses about when Microsoft Online will get the phones in inventory? Is anyone else ordering through Microsoft Online? I've been waiting for this phone way too long and it's so close that I'm going crazy.

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm in the same boat, except I went to the Microsoft Store here in LA and they didn't even know what an 810 was.

So, I ordered it online. Now waiting.

Annoyed as well.

intoxicated662

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
So I ordered from the Microsoft Store Online yesterday and upgraded to the overnight shipping for $9.99. Well my order was approved but now it says "Approved - awaiting inventory". I'm really irritated. I called in and got them to waive the shpping charges, but they have no idea when they'll get the phone in. With the weekend coming and next week being Thanksgiving, I'm worried I won't get it for 2 weeks!

Meanwhile, the Santa Clara, CA store has them in stock and I'll be near it later today. But they charge tax, as opposed to buying online which was tax free. I also got 8% off buying from the Microsoft Store ONLINE with my Capital One credit card. That's a $73.41 difference. I don't know what to do but I really wanted this phone before the weekend.

Does anybody have any information olr guesses about when Microsoft Online will get the phones in inventory? Is anyone else ordering through Microsoft Online? I've been waiting for this phone way too long and it's so close that I'm going crazy.

How did you manage to get 8% off when buying from the Microsoft store online? I have a Capital one card as well. I called today and was told there are 9 people ahead of me in queue before they ship out my Lumia 810. I was given a full refund of $9.99 for overnight shipping and they would honor it that instead for Free. I was also given a mini bluetooth headset free for the inconvenience. I ordered last night and was told it would arrive by Friday evening at the latest and now i'm being told otherwise. I don't mind the wait, as the cost of the phone is $450 on the MS store online compared to that at T-Mobile where the phone costs $595 after tax, but having no idea as to when they'll have some phones in stock to ship to us is unacceptable especially when my card has already been charged the full amount.

danieljhb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
How did you manage to get 8% off when buying from the Microsoft store online? I have a Capital one card as well. I called today and was told there are 9 people ahead of me in queue before they ship out my Lumia 810. I was given a full refund of $9.99 for overnight shipping and they would honor it that instead for Free. I was also given a mini bluetooth headset free for the inconvenience. I ordered last night and was told it would arrive by Friday evening at the latest and now i'm being told otherwise. I don't mind the wait, as the cost of the phone is $450 on the MS store online compared to that at T-Mobile where the phone costs $595 after tax, but having no idea as to when they'll have some phones in stock to ship to us is unacceptable especially when my card has already been charged the full amount.
I have a capital one rewards card that gives 1% off + an additional 7% off at Microsoft store online. You just have to go to the rewards center, then earn more rewards, then find the Microsoft store on the list.

I also called and got the shipping waived, but no Bluetooth headset.

danieljhb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Just talked to Microsoft and their system says that they will be receiving a shipment of Lumia 810s sometime today. They ship orders until 7:00pm, so if the shipment is soon enough anyone who has next day shipping will receive it Monday, but if the shipment is late, Tuesday is our day. They also knocked an additional $20 off the price, on top of the free shipping. I'm very excited.

ricardios

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy I read this thread before opening my 810. I bought this at a T-Mobile retailer for $599! I'm returning it and just ordered one from the Microsoft Store, saving $150! Thanks

intoxicated662

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I actually just cancelled my order for the Lumia 810 a few minutes ago over the phone. I don't think it is right for them to sell an item that they do not have in stock. Another thing, they charged my card right away when it states in the email that they won't charge until item is being shipped. There is no estimated time as to when they'll have any in stock so it could be a week or even up to a couple of months. I was saving $140 buying it from the MS store online compared to that of the local T-Mobile store, but with thanksgiving coming up next week along with black friday, I needed the phone sooner and they couldn't give me no confirmation that it would definitely for sure arrive before then. Take that into consideration. If you can wait, then it is a good deal. As for me, i'll just wait it out a bit more and see what else comes up. I've only seen the phone for sale from T-Mobile, Microsoft Store online and Best Buy (but you can only order it through their website). Was looking for an alternative to buy it cheaper than the T-Mobile price, but I guess i'll just have to wait like I stated.

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I actually just cancelled my order for the Lumia 810 a few minutes ago over the phone. I don't think it is right for them to sell an item that they do not have in stock. Another thing, they charged my card right away when it states in the email that they won't charge until item is being shipped. There is no estimated time as to when they'll have any in stock so it could be a week or even up to a couple of months. I was saving $140 buying it from the MS store online compared to that of the local T-Mobile store, but with thanksgiving coming up next week along with black friday, I needed the phone sooner and they couldn't give me no confirmation that it would definitely for sure arrive before then. Take that into consideration. If you can wait, then it is a good deal. As for me, i'll just wait it out a bit more and see what else comes up. I've only seen the phone for sale from T-Mobile, Microsoft Store online and Best Buy (but you can only order it through their website). Was looking for an alternative to buy it cheaper than the T-Mobile price, but I guess i'll just have to wait like I stated.

I think that's the smart way to go. I canceled my order two days ago because I knew I'd be in Chicago and thought I'd try the MIcrosoft Store there. Worked out for me. But there doesn't seem to be a reason to wait around for a phone to be shipped when it is available at other places.

danieljhb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
But there doesn't seem to be a reason to wait around for a phone to be shipped when it is available at other places.

I decided to wait and not go to a brick and mortar Microsoft store because there was no tax for me online, I received 8% cash back by ordering online, and I called and complained twice which got me free shipping and a $20 discount. That brings the total cost to $394.68 as opposed to $486.49 at the store. I couldn't justify spending $91.81 (not including gas) more for a few extra days, even weeks, for something I've waited so long for. However I do realize my situation may be unique (taxes, CC rewards, & discount). That doesn't mean the thought isn't constantly in my mind every time I read these forums ;)

intoxicated662

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I decided to wait and not go to a brick and mortar Microsoft store because there was no tax for me online, I received 8% cash back by ordering online, and I called and complained twice which got me free shipping and a $20 discount. That brings the total cost to $394.68 as opposed to $486.49 at the store. I couldn't justify spending $91.81 (not including gas) more for a few extra days, even weeks, for something I've waited so long for. However I do realize my situation may be unique (taxes, CC rewards, & discount). That doesn't mean the thought isn't constantly in my mind every time I read these forums ;)

You got a good deal overall, with the rewards discount and all. However, I just got off the phone with MS Store customer support and they say they have been out of stock for over 2 weeks now and there is no estimated time as to when they'll have the phone in stock and ready to ship. I don't think it is right for them to put a hold on your card since it is not being shipped yet. The rep also asked if I wanted to "pre-order" it and be put on the waiting list due to the limited stock. Not sure what is going on here, but seems more like T-Mobile is monopolizing this because I can't really find anywhere else to buy the phone and that has it currently in stock. Best buy has it on their website, but shipping only and eta is around the 26th and only saves me $40 but that is if it goes through for sure after all.

danieljhb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
You got a good deal overall, with the rewards discount and all. However, I just got off the phone with MS Store customer support and they say they have been out of stock for over 2 weeks now and there is no estimated time as to when they'll have the phone in stock and ready to ship. I don't think it is right for them to put a hold on your card since it is not being shipped yet. The rep also asked if I wanted to "pre-order" it and be put on the waiting list due to the limited stock. Not sure what is going on here, but seems more like T-Mobile is monopolizing this because I can't really find anywhere else to buy the phone and that has it currently in stock. Best buy has it on their website, but shipping only and eta is around the 26th and only saves me $40 but that is if it goes through for sure after all.

I'm not sure how they could have been out of stock for the last 2 weeks since it came out 5 days ago on the 14th. But I agree, this whole mess of no firm date on stock or shipping is extremely frustrating.

tobygwinn

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine outright without a contract and paid 225$. But then I work for T-mobile and that's one of my perks. :) That is not the tmobile cost as I get a sizable discount from the tmobile cost for being an employee. The size of the discount depends on how many years you have worked for them.

Last edited:

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine outright without a contract and paid 225$. But then I work for T-mobile and that's one of my perks. :)
You're not supposed to tell us that. :mad: Now we know the actual cost, and they are making +100% profit on the rest of us.

Oh well, I picked mine up at the Microsoft Store, $450 + taxes. You know, I'm happy. I have a phone that works and is really easy to use.

tobygwinn

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get it at their cost....I get a sizable discount off their cost. It actually depends how long you have worked for them on how much discount you get. Some people who have worked there for several years get two phones a year for free. I'm not one of thos though.

Last edited:

Raylz

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get it at their cost....I get a sizable discount off their cost. It actually depends how long you have worked for them on how much discount you get. Some people who have worked there for several years get two phones a year for free. I'm not one of thos though.
lucky you work for the company and yes the prices may be staggering but we get good valued plans and good customer service.

tobygwinn

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm thankful to be working for such a company..the discount I get on my service is amazing and makes my bill next to nothing. I worked for AT&T for almost six years and the discount they gave employees was almost nothing. My mom who works for a small hospital in Arkansas got more of a discount through her job with At&t than I dd as an employee. So I truly appreciate company's who appreciate their employees and show it. :)

danieljhb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I got my phone earlier today and have been playing with it for the last 4 hours. It's absolutely amazing. The coolest thing so far? Copying all of my contacts from my Android phone via Bluetooth. The OS and live tiles are so refreshing and make my old phone look so old and boring.

intoxicated662

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I just got my shipping confirmation! It will be here tomorrow at 3:00pm via FedEx!

I regret canceling my order now, but do stand by what I said that they shouldn't charge until once the phone ships. I called again earlier upon seeing your posting and still, clueless representatives as to what is going on and when they'll ship anything out. Is there anyone else to speak to on this matter? Did you just all of a sudden get a shipping notification and told via email it would arrive today or what? I am thinking of putting in an order online again but with a different card and see how things turn out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise