get a free lumia 822 at Best Buy!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh - and I was looking on Amazon for cases last night, and there is one place that has probably hundreds of sticker "cases" (cases? how can they call that a case?) with different design patterns on them, and my wife loved that idea, so it looks like even if the guy lied, or if Best Buy doesn't come up with the white one in time, I won't be in the dog house. Not only that, but I think this phone is starting to grow on me. I know.... I still long for the camera of the 920, but I was using this one out in the sun today, and I didn't have to shield it like I did the Trophy. That screen sure is nice, and with the comments about this one having a better screen than the 920, at least in that aspect of the screen, I'm not regretting getting this phone at all.

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Ironsoulreaver: "Did it have a note on the receipt saying that it was on your next bill? I am worried my bill is going to be stupid expensive next month lol."

There was nothing about the fee mentioned on the actual receipt that was printed at the cash register. However, the VZW Customer Agreement sheet that I had to sign and was stapled to the receipt stated that there was and activation/upgrade fee of $30.00. It does not state how it will be paid. I had to ask the rep how it was handled.

Last edited:

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Puck Cowboy: "Hopmedic... Very good idea. So Best Buy confirmed you can just do a straight up exchange? What if Wal-Mart isnt offering the FREE phone anymore to do the match? Also, I wonder what would happen if my Mom tried to do the exchange during Thanksgiving week?"

Very tempting...
I asked the Best Buy rep about exchanging it for the white one and he said don't do exchanges for colors. Only for different models.

Last edited:

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Oh - and I was looking on Amazon for cases last night, and there is one place that has probably hundreds of sticker "cases" (cases? how can they call that a case?) with different design patterns on them, and my wife loved that idea, so it looks like even if the guy lied, or if Best Buy doesn't come up with the white one in time, I won't be in the dog house. Not only that, but I think this phone is starting to grow on me. I know.... I still long for the camera of the 920, but I was using this one out in the sun today, and I didn't have to shield it like I did the Trophy. That screen sure is nice, and with the comments about this one having a better screen than the 920, at least in that aspect of the screen, I'm not regretting getting this phone at all.

The 822 really has grown on me as well. Yes, that screen is fantastic. No regrets so far. I had planned on getting all 3 of my 822's from Best Buy since I could get them for free but since the store I was near only had one and it was black (I really, really wanted white), I changed my plane. I ended up getting my the two white ones from the Verizon store and had them billed to my account. I know I might have been able to exchange later when white came in stock but I was really tired of waiting and to me, it was totally worth it. I was soooo done with waiting.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
The 822 really has grown on me as well. Yes, that screen is fantastic. No regrets so far. I had planned on getting all 3 of my 822's from Best Buy since I could get them for free but since the store I was near only had one and it was black (I really, really wanted white), I changed my plane. I ended up getting my the two white ones from the Verizon store and had them billed to my account. I know I might have been able to exchange later when white came in stock but I was really tired of waiting and to me, it was totally worth it. I was soooo done with waiting.

My Dad and I just switched from Androids today! (He had a Fascinate and I had a Rezound). We picked up the 822's for free at Best Buy after the price match and we couldn't be happier! Im a Windows guy and wanted something easy and fun to use without having to tinker with anything any more like Android. For now, I couldnt be happier... and the 822 is a SWEET phone! Like it better than the 8X for function and for form. Very comfortable in the hand. We both got black and my Mom wants a white one.

Since Best Buy had no clue when they were coming in we got one for her on Costco's wireless site tonight...they have them shipping on Monday for only $49.99 with a free accessory pack, AND they only charged $8 take here in CA. So $58 out the door. My Dad and I got ours for FRree plus $32 each out the door after taxes... Best Buy charged on full retail.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
This makes me glad to not live on the left coast.... Mine was free plus free out the door after taxes.

Tell me about it... its a beautiful state, but government is killing it. I need to get out of here before the whole place sinks under it's own weight of taxation.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Tell me about it... its a beautiful state, but government is killing it. I need to get out of here before the whole place sinks under it's own weight of taxation.
Yeah... I work for a small specialty deposits division of what was RBC USA (Royal Bank of Canada), sold to PNC in March, and PNC didn't want our particular division. Union Bank (California) wanted it, and the deal closed last month. During training, they were telling us about how great it is out there.... No thanks - I'll take the cost of living in Georgia, thank you very much. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo