Battery life= amazing

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
After a month of usage, my 822 lasts easily 24 hours, which is plenty for me. I deliberately ran the battery down to zero when I first got it, but nowhere close since. I'm guessing it can go 2 or 3 days with my pattern of moderate use

garydm

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
They swapped out the whole phone. On my first maiden voyage with the new phone I got almost 48 hours, a marked improvement, but that was with just a few phone calls, some emails, weather checks, texts, etc. with most everything else shut down. No games. It works for me but may not for heavier users.

blindfromthesun

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I would mostly agree that battery life is great however yesterday it was horrible. The battery life dropped 10-15% idle every hour. I turned off NFC, Bluetooth and location. It never had a problem before with most things on so I'm confused.

fusioncept

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had the phone for almost 3 weeks now. I just drained it to 0 yesterday (should have done that long ago). I turned off location INSIDE of the Drive Beta app. I've gotten 17 hours out of it and I'm at 77% battery! RIDICULOUS!

wp_ss_20121218_0001.png

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to give some who don't think battery life is "amazing" on 822 a quick tip that hasn't been mentioned as much as other tips. I was getting good battery life, made it through a day with moderate use just fine, was getting close to or a bit over a day with Global off, Data always on, Wifi on (whenever I'm in range of one, which is 75% of the time), NFC off, and Location off most of the time. It improved from that sort of 15-20 hour time frame into a full day and a few hours but I wasn't getting close to 2 days as others were getting. Then I saw mention somewhere else of turning off the Connect to Xbox when it wasn't needed. That's what turned my battery life around from really good to amazing. The first day with that off, I got close to a day and a half, since then, a little less than a week now, I've been getting on average, 2 days and several hours and that's streaming music for several hours, opening apps liberally, looking online, playing a few games throughout the day (Words With Friends, Wordament), and reading. I'm not restricting my use at all and still getting 2 days now.

So, in case you aren't getting excellent battery life but want it, consider going into the settings menu, swiping right and below the background tasks settings is the game settings, going into that will allow you to turn off the Connect With Xbox setting. It's clearly the thing that changed my phone around, hopefully it can do the same for someone else.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to give some who don't think battery life is "amazing" on 822 a quick tip that hasn't been mentioned as much as other tips. I was getting good battery life, made it through a day with moderate use just fine, was getting close to or a bit over a day with Global off, Data always on, Wifi on (whenever I'm in range of one, which is 75% of the time), NFC off, and Location off most of the time. It improved from that sort of 15-20 hour time frame into a full day and a few hours but I wasn't getting close to 2 days as others were getting. Then I saw mention somewhere else of turning off the Connect to Xbox when it wasn't needed. That's what turned my battery life around from really good to amazing. The first day with that off, I got close to a day and a half, since then, a little less than a week now, I've been getting on average, 2 days and several hours and that's streaming music for several hours, opening apps liberally, looking online, playing a few games throughout the day (Words With Friends, Wordament), and reading. I'm not restricting my use at all and still getting 2 days now.

So, in case you aren't getting excellent battery life but want it, consider going into the settings menu, swiping right and below the background tasks settings is the game settings, going into that will allow you to turn off the Connect With Xbox setting. It's clearly the thing that changed my phone around, hopefully it can do the same for someone else.

I have horrible battery life on my 920. I'll give this a shot. Hopefully it works. Thanks

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
My phone hasn't been charged since 7:30 am (12 ? hours ago) and it's at 92% right now, Wi-Fi on, battery saver off. But it was a very light use day. I've only made two short calls today, sent about 15 texts and had about 25 emails pushed to Outlook. My battery life is excellent and I've done nothing special but disable background processes and not allow tiles to flip all over the place updating every 5 seconds. Ordinarily with moderate to heavy use I still have about 70% by now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon