Lumia 822 Free on Contract on Wal-Mart Online

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I tried to order this morning and they wouldn't complete my order because it was sold out. -_-
I'm assuming they actually meant they haven't received any yet, perhaps.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The glass half-full person would tell you that if you're going to get a wireless charging back, they're available in black or white, so you could have a white back with black sides. ;)

mud314

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Got mine today @ BB using their price match, used the Walmart price: 0.00. Paid my tax (California) and left with a Black 822. So far love it. Screen could be a bit brighter for my taste, I do have it all the way up. But other than that it is still a fluid phone with a good light feel to it. A bit slippery so I am looking forward to there being some sleeves for it.

TQueezy

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered mine from wireless.walmart.com for free with 2-year contract extension/upgrade. Excited! I got the Gray one. Just something different, as I've always had only black phones, with the exception of a Samsung slider that was silver/gray and a nokia from a long ways back that was green, and then a black/red nokia.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered mine from wireless.walmart.com for free with 2-year contract extension/upgrade. Excited! I got the Gray one. Just something different, as I've always had only black phones, with the exception of a Samsung slider that was silver/gray and a nokia from a long ways back that was green, and then a black/red nokia.

I've always had black phones! Except that one time...and that other time. Oh yeah, and that other time.

:) Just giving you a hard time, I enjoyed that sentence. Especially considering that your exception list is about as long as my entire phone history.

TQueezy

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I realize now that it's probably about half of my phone history as well, lol... but recently I've had only black phones, so it's a welcome change.

Razanbuddu

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Got mine today @ BB using their price match, used the Walmart price: 0.00. Paid my tax (California) and left with a Black 822. So far love it. Screen could be a bit brighter for my taste, I do have it all the way up. But other than that it is still a fluid phone with a good light feel to it. A bit slippery so I am looking forward to there being some sleeves for it.

I thought best buy wasn't matching online prices this week? thought it wasn't supposed to start back up till the 27th. That's good news if the employees aren't sticking to that.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I think their no price match policy starts later in the week. That's what I saw somewhere before doing the price match yesterday

jd108

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone who ordered from walmart.com had the status changed to ship yet? I ordered one black and one white for my wife and both say Awaiting Inventory. I tried the support chat and they said they don't know when inventory will be available due to a manufacturing issue. I would cancel the order and go to best buy but my wife wants the white one. Anyone seen the white version at best buy?

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
My search stopped yesterday when I got the black 822 at BB, but prior to that I was bugging WalMart, Costco, and BB on a daily basis since launch about the availability of white or grey. Verizon is the only place to get either of those colors for the foreseeable future it seems.

I cancelled a grey Costco order and abandoned an order with WalMart because they couldn't tell me anything. I think BB will get white in stock before grey shows up anywhere, probably within the next couple of weeks. You have 30 days to exchange at BB, so you could get black now (price match Wal-Mart's free price) and exchange for white when it shows up. That was my plan, but now I see it as too much of a hassle and I'm just going to stick with black. I just ordered the wireless charging back plate in black from VZW, so that pretty much locked me in.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'll add quickly...order black from WalMart and wait for who knows when on shipping, or print out their price, head to BB and walk out with the phone today.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to spam. Just got an email from Costco after my last post. Even though I canceled my order yesterday the email said:

...was originally scheduled to ship 11/19/2012. Due to delays in the launch of the handset, your order is now anticipated to leave our distribution center on 11/28/2012.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb