Draw Something / Words with Friends (Free T-Mobile version)

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if the free, ad-less versions of Draw Something and Words with Friends offered on T-Mobile's Lumia 810 are the same version as the actual paid game, but regardless - they are free - so I have a request.

Can somebody with a Lumia 810 download one or both of these games from the Zynga app on your 810 and create a game by searching for my username? (Same as here: Mystictrust) I've never played this game before but it seems like I can't get started because I drew like 5 things but it seems to keep saying that I am "waiting" on the other person. I got a notice that someone sent me a drawing but that person's name wasn't on my list and I never got a drawing. So I can't play the game!

I've heard the WP version of this game is buggy anyway, but I just wanted to try with someone who can tell me for sure that they've drawn something or whatever. Please?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Wish my 810 had gotten here today like I was hoping, because I would have been more than happy to do this. :( Alas, I'm still waiting.

Can you still play Words with Friends in this version by connecting to Facebook? I always play it with Facebook friends on my iPhone.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yep, you can connect to Facebook.

Someone sent me a Words with Friends game request! Oh, I played a word and they played another word... it works! I sent some messages for chat, but I can only see mine, despite the game saying I received a message, oh well. Will be a quiet game I guess :p

Edit: I'm getting my butt kicked. I'm such a noob.

Last edited:

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
You're playing against an 820 owner. :)

quaked, eh.????

The letters are being kind to me tonight.

Chat is borked it seems, I only talk to myself on WWF it seems!

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, "kind" is an understatement if you're scoring 123 points off the word "Quaked"!!!! I'm not sure what all the colored squares mean with DL, TL, and DW... but by that word I have to assume they give extra points.

So, on an 820, eh? Very fitting that someone on the AT&T "Deathstar" network is completely destroying me :p

I hope these Zynga guys get off their butts and fix the bugs in their Windows Phone port! Chat should be working. I would also love it if they enabled "fast resume" because, as a new WP user, I keep forgetting to launch from the app list and instead use the start screen. Then it takes me extra long to get back into the game. Fast resume would fix all that, and it's only like an extra line or two of code! Well, assuming this is for WP8 only :p

metalchick, I take it you're a seasoned vet at this game? :p

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
DL - double letter
TL - triple letter
DW - double word
TW - triple word

It's very similar to Scrabble, if you've ever played that. :) Best to put a good letter that's worth a good amount of points (such as a J) on a DL or TL tile.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Words by post is an excellent alternative. Fast and smooth.

No good alternative to Draw Something but the current version is too buggy so I uninstalled it

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I think I played scrabble ages ago when I was a kid, and even then I only knew to make words out of the letters and never knew a thing about the double letter, double word, etc stuff.

Alright BellaRed, I'm armed with new info. Watch out! :p

Oh yeah? I suppose I could try that out, I've noticed some lag on this. As long as there is a free version with ads, and the ads aren't too distracting.

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
AT&T..... No!

you're playing Northern Ireland's finest *cough*

lol

A Q scores 10 points, add it onto a TW (triple word) and it sure helps the score :)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
metalchick, I take it you're a seasoned vet at this game? :p

I've been playing for awhile now. Immediately knew the drill because I've played Scrabble pretty much forever. It's really addictive to play, especially when you're using a phone! :D I've got a whole bunch of games going right now with Facebook friends. Love it. :)

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
The app has frozen on me once. I checked the word that came in very quickly, before the toast had cleared and it seized up. Had to reboot phone.

It has been ok otherwise.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
No freezing for me yet (knock on wood). Does it still resume the same game after reboot? Or do you mean it just rebooted on you now?

Ha! "Furthest" with double word and double letter score... 65 points... I'm catching up! :p

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Game resumed.

i rebooted phone to unlock it as I couldn't close the app or go back. Totally stuck.

50 points for using all 7 letters I think you get..... It's rare i get to do that!

In a lot of ways you are only as good as the letters you get. :)

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

No good alternative to Draw Something but the current version is too buggy so I uninstalled it

Yes, sir. Words by Post is stellar, it's cross-platform (WP, Android, iOS), and it's been on my phone for over a year. The only scrabble clone I've found better than Words by Post is Alphajax. It's not cross-plat but it's a beautifully coded game with great sounds.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, sir. Words by Post is stellar, it's cross-platform (WP, Android, iOS), and it's been on my phone for over a year. The only scrabble clone I've found better than Words by Post is Alphajax. It's not cross-plat but it's a beautifully coded game with great sounds.
You are certainly right! Words by Post is STELLAR. It's also cross platform with Windows 8 so it looks like everything is covered. The game is fast, resumes extremely quickly, and I really like that you can tap on a word and choose to get the definition of it! ("Qi" was pissing me off... everybody plays it). Chat also works just fine (even message notification) and it connects to Facebook... oh, and also can choose to match based on ranking (My ranking keeps going down I really need to get a good strategy here).

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
great games, but DS is very buggy for me so far... :)
I've gotten two DS requests but can't do anything with them. Words with Friends seems to be doing a bit better now - I'm still playing the same person in another match :p

As for Words By Post? I was so excited when I got my highest word score AND finally topped someone's score! Game's not over yet, though! I still have no idea how just the simple, "strategic" placement of the Z got me 44 points... it HAD to have been a double word tile, and I got two words.
5d0vhv.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)