Sending SMS and receiver is getting ASCII characters instead of text

JRG33

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
We have the same issue. Bought a Nokia 822 for my wife Friday night. Texts to my daughters iPhones are fine but text to my Blackberry or my other daughter's Samsung Brightside are ASCII or symbols.:mad:

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
We have the same issue. Bought a Nokia 822 for my wife Friday night. Texts to my daughters iPhones are fine but text to my Blackberry or my other daughter's Samsung Brightside are ASCII or symbols.:mad:

What model of Blackberry, if you don't mind?

JRG33

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The issue with the Blackberry has been resolved. I just don't know if it is because they fixed something on the Verizon/Nokia end or if it was fixed as a result of the Blackberry update I installed yesterday. The Brightside is still getting garbled texts. Must have been the Blackberry update that fixed it Now waiting on Samsung to fixt he Brightside.

Last edited:

rebornempowered

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
As I previously mentioned my wife's Samsung Brightside has been getting the garbled text. For other reasons she had to get a refurbished phone. I was hoping that the new phone would remedy our problem. It did not.

sahild

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
My son just get a Lumia 822 today and the first message he sent to his mother's BlackBerry it came out with gibberish characters. We then sat with the local Verizon tech person who ended up calling Verizon tech support. When he got off the phone Verizon said that the Nokia phones have a problem sending text to certain phones. They recommended using a third party text app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos