High Contrast Mode: Eats more battery? & No Screen Saver?

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, I really like the High contrast mode on the black 822 (both with light and dark backgrounds) however with the light background, is it safe to say that will drain more battery since, from what I remember, by having more white pixels on the screen more often it drains the battery vs when there is black it uses less because on black portions it doesn't even have to light up the pixels? Hope I just made sense.

(FYI High Contrast mode with Dark background is also very cool as its a lot of black with white outlines on tiles ... might save even more battery life!)

Also, I noticed in high contrast mode, it doesn't allow you to have a screen saver :( Anyone else experiencing this or find a way around it?

Out side of that, I LOVE this phone so far (And so does my dad). Got them today at Best Buy for Free. My mom is getting the White one at Costco for $49.99. One bog Happy 822 family :)

Thanks in advance for all info... truly appreciated!

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the high contrast mode with black background and its AWESOME. Really pops and makes the phone stand out. There just isn't anything like this out there now. WP8 on Nokia 822 equals smiles.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying the high contrast with light background on my 8x. Very cool and doesn't use any more juice since my screen is super LCD.
Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Anyone figure out a way around the lockscreen coming up black in hich contrast mode yet? Or is this going to be required in some sort of fix from Microsoft?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone figure out a way around the lockscreen coming up black in hich contrast mode yet? Or is this going to be required in some sort of fix from Microsoft?

+1
Since the 'High Contrast' mode is supposed to be for people with vision problems, I understand why that is disabled. They probably didn't forsee some people using it just because it is awesome.

luke6494

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
does anyone know how much quicker the battery actually dies with it on light and high contrast? i love the light theme but i use dark because of the battery issue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa