Wireless charging stand

bigdjunk

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I see on Nokia's website that the 822 accessories show the wireless charging stand. When I go to Verizon's website, they don't offer it. My friend bought his 920 through AT&T so if I had him pick me up a stand from AT&T, would it work with the Verizon 822?

I really would like this wireless stand on my office desk. :)

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
It'll work, but you'll also need the wireless battery cover / back plate for your 822 and those aren't available for purchase at this time. Supposed to be "coming later" but no one seems to know when that is yet.

bigdjunk

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Really? I was told by the verizon rep. that the 822 comes with the wireless backing. He even took off the back cover to show me the very thin circuitry on it.

bigdjunk

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Ugh.. What a let down... Verizon seems so far behind, with both accessories and sales knowledge.
Thanks for the information everyone!

downstevedown

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
What's truly irritating about this is that, at the Verizon store, the Nokia Wireless Charging Stand is displayed DIRECTLY below the 822. So they're trying to sell a stand that can't be used yet with the phone that's displayed directly above it?

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I just got off a Chat with Verizon Sales and they have no information on the 822 charging covers.. Sucks big time. Love the phone,a nd love Verizon network but they suck at Windows Phone support.

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
What's truly irritating about this is that, at the Verizon store, the Nokia Wireless Charging Stand is displayed DIRECTLY below the 822. So they're trying to sell a stand that can't be used yet with the phone that's displayed directly above it?
There is fine print in the price tag. While possibly a bit questionable, it states that it is compatible with the 8X. 822 needs optional charging shell.

daniel nensel

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
That's NFC, and it's very unfortunate that this misinformation is still spreading...

Its probably because until a day or so ago Verizon listed it as a feature of the phone, with no mention of requiring an extra accessory. My nearest Verizon store claimed to have the battery door in the back room for sale for $40.

Nokia's website STILL lists "Qi wireless charging" as a feature. no asterisks or nothing.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well technically, it is a feature of the phone, but it is a feature that requires more than what comes in the box, so they should be putting that in more than just fine print, but since sharks lawyers can't read anything larger than fine print, it's probably somewhere in the fine print.

downstevedown

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Well technically, it is a feature of the phone, but it is a feature that requires more than what comes in the box, so they should be putting that in more than just fine print, but since sharks lawyers can't read anything larger than fine print, it's probably somewhere in the fine print.

Exactly. Ultimately, this may be much ado about nothing, as there aren't even a lot of cases available for the phone yet, let alone charging covers. And carriers are well known for launching without a full array of accessories. It would be better, though, to hold back the charger until the charging cover is available, and then offer them together - either that or put the charger over with the 8x, where it actually works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon