Unlock code from T-Mobile?

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 810 purchased at full invoice from T-Mobile, on a value plan. I am qualified for an unlock code.

Called T-Mo and had unlock requests put through. Twice now I got rejected with an email stating "After review of the account we have determined that the device is not in use with the corresponding mobile number." I have twice called T-Mobile and had them verify that the correct IMEI is on the phone number in question.

Anyone successfully retrieved an unlock code form T-Mo for this device?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The one time I got that message was when I hadn't put the sim card in the phone and used it at all on the line I was calling about. I've also been told that you should probably wait about 72 hours or so after you insert your sim and use the device before requesting the unlock.

I'll put in an unlock request in the next couple days and see what they do about it.

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I recently put in an unlock request. The 810 is not on their unlock database since it won't recognize my IMEI. I told them to push it through anyway so I'll let you guys know once I get an update on this.

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I got a response from TMo. They need to send a request to Nokia to get the unlock code.

On my 8x they sent me the code so I guess HTC gave them the codes already but Nokia didn't.

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I got a response from TMo. They need to send a request to Nokia to get the unlock code.

On my 8x they sent me the code so I guess HTC gave them the codes already but Nokia didn't.

when did you put in the request? I just wanted to know how long does it take for them to respond.

juiceex

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I got the unlock code from Tmobile but cannot enter it by using the instructions they gave me. Dialing ##782# isn't giving me anything... How were you able to enter the code Tmobile gave you? Thanks!

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I got the unlock code from Tmobile but cannot enter it by using the instructions they gave me. Dialing ##782# isn't giving me anything... How were you able to enter the code Tmobile gave you? Thanks!

You will need to put the foreign SIM card (ie. At&t or any other carrier) in order for the prompt for SIM unlock code to appear.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Hate to ask this, but is it a generic code that can be entered anytime? Reason being, is that I bought my phone outright from Microsoft and I've been using T-mobile prepay from day one. I might was well unlock it for "just in case".

ile2010

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've used cellunlocker.net to unlock my 810. It cost $25 and took them 3 days.

I have not been able to set up an APN to get internet access on my network in Canada, which is a big problem.

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I've used cellunlocker.net to unlock my 810. It cost $25 and took them 3 days.

I have not been able to set up an APN to get internet access on my network in Canada, which is a big problem.

make sure you got the right apn setting when you put that info at the cellular settings.

Zaam

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
make sure you got the right apn setting when you put that info at the cellular settings.
There are no settings for APN in my 810, the two buttons in cellular have been hidden.
APN for Internet and MMS seem to be hardcoded, and I can't download Nokia's Network Setup app from the Store.

Any 810 owner can succesfully use cellular data connection with another operator?
I'd be VERY glad if you could prove me wrong, but I think that you can only get calls / SMS after unlocking.

Monteverdi2012

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I ve called Nokia support and asked them about not seeing APN on the menu. According to the rep who then spoke with tech support level 2, once the Lumia 810 becomes unlocked, the APN setting will appear in the Cellular Settings menu section.... So lets hope he is correct :wink: Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb