I found the wireless charging back covers

to81mn514

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I just called my local verizon store to see if they had them in stock. They told me that the back plate the phone comes with IS the charging plate that you need and they even tried it on the wireless JBL speakers they have there and they said it worked AND it charged the phone...but from what i'm hearing on the forums this isn't the case...right?

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just called my local verizon store to see if they had them in stock. They told me that the back plate the phone comes with IS the charging plate that you need and they even tried it on the wireless JBL speakers they have there and they said it worked AND it charged the phone...but from what i'm hearing on the forums this isn't the case...right?

To my understanding this individual you spoke with was either thinking about the 8X or is totally incompetent (such as many VZW in store reps have proven to be during the WP8 launch).

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how much thicker it is... If you look at the picture you can see how that camera strip is no longer flush.

to81mn514

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Ugh ok, I guess I will just order the back cover online. Has anyone found an actually wireless charger that is going to be compatible yet? I don't want to shell out the money for the back cover and not be able to get an actual charger that works.

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
For the 822??? That's just VZW's website sucking. That is the charging pad for the 822 (and works for the 8X as well, saw it working live in store the other day).

to81mn514

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks man! I'm gonna head over to the store today after work and see if they have the back covers even though they said they didn't on the phone. If they don't i'll just order online tonight and be forced to practice some patience.

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks man! I'm gonna head over to the store today after work and see if they have the back covers even though they said they didn't on the phone. If they don't i'll just order online tonight and be forced to practice some patience.

Not a problem m8. I'm planning on ordering one this weekend once payday comes through. Also waiting to see if Best Buy/VZW throw any kind of last minute Black Friday deals out now that WP has hit the market. Probably not, since BB's ad is already published, but you never know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
As is now obvious the wireless charging capabilities of the phone are optional, and Verizon has finally put the on their site. Unfortunately they chose to ignore the grey variant of the L822, which is ****ing ridiculous IMHO. Anyway, here's the link for my black and white brothers: Set Your Location
Well, if there's no grey version, then I can either go two-tone with a black back, or three-tone with a white one. The design possibilities aren't endless, but it's still gonna take some thought.

I definitely want to go wireless, because I've had that for three years with my Palm Pre --too bad there's not much chance my three Palm touchstones would work with the 822. But I'm thinking this is a good time to wait a little while for this market to settle down and for brave early adopters to sort through the confusion and come on-line to tell us what they've learned.

teardropcity

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that the JBL plays music via NFC, which is on the back cover attached to the 822, so that's most likely what the Verizon rep was thinking.
,those reps just had training on WP8, so cut em some slack, they've had years of training for Android, and still give false info on that!

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Eh, I did my time in retail for several years. If you don't know, admit you don't know and find the correct answer. Don't pass bad intel to dismiss the customer. All you'll do is wind up paying for it later. I would rather be told "Sorry, this is a new device and I'm not entirely sure, let me look it up" rather than a smug answer (which for me and many others is quite typical of VZW in store responses) passed as fact when most if it is fiction. They sell phones, not radiation therapy devices; learn the product. Many reps can't distinguish the 8X and the 822 even when you say "I have a Nokia Lumia 822."

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Eh, I did my time in retail for several years. If you don't know, admit you don't know and find the correct answer. Don't pass bad intel to dismiss the customer. All you'll do is wind up paying for it later. I would rather be told "Sorry, this is a new device and I'm not entirely sure, let me look it up" rather than a smug answer (which for me and many others is quite typical of VZW in store responses) passed as fact when most if it is fiction. They sell phones, not radiation therapy devices; learn the product. Many reps can't distinguish the 8X and the 822 even when you say "I have a Nokia Lumia 822."

+10000000000

I have a lot more respect for someone who admits that he doesn't know something than the guy who even SEEMS like he knows it all. I was in a Microsoft store one day to look at the Surface, and the guy asked if I had any questions. It was clear I knew more than he did, and when he admitted as much, I stopped playing with the computer, and stood there talking with him for 20 minutes, and he enjoyed my teaching him. I've been running Windows 8 for nearly a year, and Windows Phone since it launched on Sprint, and was developing on Windows Phone shortly before that, so he thanked me, and kept telling me, "wow, I can use that to sell phones!"

Yeah, admit what you don't know, and you'll get a lot more respect, and you may even find yourself learning something quite valuable to your own trade.

separry51

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Got cover and charging pad through VZW online. They work great and I have to admit that the wireless cover makes the phone even feel sturdier and more premium than before. It also gives it a little heft like the 920.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Would it work through a case like the OtterBox? Could you try it through something? I don't know - like say about the thickness of a small hardback book cover?

separry51

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I actually tried it through a magazine (30 pages). Placed the magazine on the charger and then the 822. The Nokia starting charging immediately. I continued to be very impressed by this phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss