What do we as customers have to do to get Instagram added to Windows Nokia900/920/800??!?!?!!?!

Do you want Instagram as an app for your Windows phone? Nokia Lumina 920/900/800 all all others

• Total voters

S Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Like what really do we have to do to get Instagram app to MSW. I didn't think of this before I sent my Android back. I did my research but I just automatically assumed (like the first three letters) that of course Instagram is an offered app in their Marketplace. But it is not. Sucks as$ totally. I love the phone but if the majority of my friends are on a social networking site using both Android and Apple so they are on Instagram, now I have to just say ... nah I can't use Instagram on my phone yet ... they laugh at me. You have at super smart phone and Instagram isn't offered!? I've very tech savvy so that also is another reason I like the phone but I'm really thinking hard about all the apps I'm losing out of without Droid. Anyway I have been searching here and low for some sort of starting or possible date or at least word from Windows or Instagram but nothing.....hopefully soon someone will think it is worth it. :mad:

S Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I voted. Hopefully it works. It seems folks have been waiting for a long time. I'm so tempted to just give up and go back to my Galaxy. I gave up on a nice phone to try something new that doesn't have one of the main apps I used socally that is. Sucks but thanks a lot.

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
If a lack of Instagram and other apps is causing your friends to laugh at you, you should probably go back to Android. No phone is worth that.

LongLeggs

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Instagram is overrated and lately it's a spam box. When I was on IP5 and used it all I got were likes and replies from people trying to sell me more followers or sell me a product and IG does nothing about it. Great idea, worst app ever.

Jessica

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Setting up a private account would solve any future spam issues. Blocking current spammers would solve current spam problems. Great social site, great app on Android and iOS.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You should try MetroAM. It allows you to log in into your instagram account, comment on photos, like photos, and follow/unfollow people. You can't upload your own photos, but that's due to instagram rules. It's a nice app.
Like what really do we have to do to get Instagram app to MSW. I didn't think of this before I sent my Android back. I did my research but I just automatically assumed (like the first three letters) that of course Instagram is an offered app in their Marketplace. But it is not. Sucks as$ totally. I love the phone but if the majority of my friends are on a social networking site using both Android and Apple so they are on Instagram, now I have to just say ... nah I can't use Instagram on my phone yet ... they laugh at me. You have at super smart phone and Instagram isn't offered!? I've very tech savvy so that also is another reason I like the phone but I'm really thinking hard about all the apps I'm losing out of without Droid. Anyway I have been searching here and low for some sort of starting or possible date or at least word from Windows or Instagram but nothing.....hopefully soon someone will think it is worth it. :mad:

LongLeggs

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Setting up a private account would solve any future spam issues. Blocking current spammers would solve current spam problems. Great social site, great app on Android and iOS.

Private accounts defeat the purpose. You said it's a great social site, hard to be social when no one can see your photos and your hashtags go into a black hole.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have many followers. But only allow people I choose. Same with twitter. Social doesn't mean let the flood gates open. If I go to a bar, I don't yuck it up with everyone in the bar, just those I choose.
Private accounts defeat the purpose. You said it's a great social site, hard to be social when no one can see your photos and your hashtags go into a black hole.

manunitedfan5

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You should try MetroAM. It allows you to log in into your instagram account, comment on photos, like photos, and follow/unfollow people. You can't upload your own photos, but that's due to instagram rules. It's a nice app.
Wait so you can do everything you can do on Instagram but upload pictures ?I returned my lumia 920 for couple of (minor) reasons but not having Instagram what made my decision easier to return it...But if metroam does the same thing as Instagram but upload pics (which I have an iPad and gs2 to upload from) then I'm gonna look for a used lumia 920 on eBay or Craigslist ...

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yep. There's another app that does the same thing too. But I like MetroAM better. It's a very nice app. http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=fabdc4c5-744d-4645-a345-1d254937e8ea
Wait so you can do everything you can do on Instagram but upload pictures ?I returned my lumia 920 for couple of (minor) reasons but not having Instagram what made my decision easier to return it...But if metroam does the same thing as Instagram but upload pics (which I have an iPad and gs2 to upload from) then I'm gonna look for a used lumia 920 on eBay or Craigslist ...

manunitedfan5

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
If a lack of Instagram and other apps is causing your friends to laugh at you, you should probably go back to Android. No phone is worth that.
Or just get new friends...

So many instagram posts recently. Reminds me of when my Facebook friends insisted on using SocialCam to share videos (just use YouTube people). I bet my GF (new to Windows Phone) is raging about the lack of this app as well. I asked her why she felt the need to use Instagram instead of just using FB. The only reason she could give is "It lets me edit the photos to make them look cool". Yes, they look very cool indeed... Those Sephia tones are brilliant.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I voted. Hopefully it works. It seems folks have been waiting for a long time. I'm so tempted to just give up and go back to my Galaxy. I gave up on a nice phone to try something new that doesn't have one of the main apps I used socally that is. Sucks but thanks a lot.

That is honestly a problematic mentality in the world. Instagram refuses to play ball with Windows Phone, so you leave Windows Phone to cater to Instagram? What kind of crazy message is being sent when you tell companies "abuse me, because I'll follow you anyway?" It's how you get a 2011 iPhone without 2010 LTE and a 2012 iPhone without an HD screen (no iPhone's ever had one) or 2010 NFC.

People REALLY need to learn to speak with their wallets. Stick with Windows Phone, and then complain to Instagram (which I guess means Facebook now). If they see their usage rate drop because people are on Windows Phone and not accessing it on iOS or Android, they'll cater to the customers. It's crazy how often the customers, who have ALL of the power, refuse to exercise it, instead preferring to be treated so poorly.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Or just get new friends...

So many instagram posts recently. Reminds me of when my Facebook friends insisted on using SocialCam to share videos (just use YouTube people). I bet my GF (new to Windows Phone) is raging about the lack of this app as well. I asked her why she felt the need to use Instagram instead of just using FB. The only reason she could give is "It lets me edit the photos to make them look cool". Yes, they look very cool indeed... Those Sephia tones are brilliant.

Yeah, that kind of stuff is weird. I mean, you can edit pictures with Windows Phone apps now, no? It's like we have Facebook, then we have a site for status updates from Facebook (Twitter), then we have a site for picture sharing on Facebook (Instagram). Oh, and don't forget the location-based tagging on Facebook, which we get with ANOTHER site (LinkedIn, from what I hear it is for). I would understand the use of these sites if people bailed on Facebook for selling personal information, but when you're STILL on a site to handle all of these tasks, why are you a registered user on 3 other sites to duplicate that functionality?

I'm making some cynical posts, but I really don't understand.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
That is honestly a problematic mentality in the world. Instagram refuses to play ball with Windows Phone, so you leave Windows Phone to cater to Instagram? What kind of crazy message is being sent when you tell companies "abuse me, because I'll follow you anyway?" It's how you get a 2011 iPhone without 2010 LTE and a 2012 iPhone without an HD screen (no iPhone's ever had one) or 2010 NFC.

People REALLY need to learn to speak with their wallets. Stick with Windows Phone, and then complain to Instagram (which I guess means Facebook now). If they see their usage rate drop because people are on Windows Phone and not accessing it on iOS or Android, they'll cater to the customers. It's crazy how often the customers, who have ALL of the power, refuse to exercise it, instead preferring to be treated so poorly.
But then how will we share all our awesome photos? You expect us to use Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, email, a website? Please! That is sooo 2011!

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't see how not having a WP app will effect their usage rate.
Yeah, that kind of stuff is weird. I mean, you can edit pictures with Windows Phone apps now, no? It's like we have Facebook, then we have a site for status updates from Facebook (Twitter), then we have a site for picture sharing on Facebook (Instagram). Oh, and don't forget the location-based tagging on Facebook, which we get with ANOTHER site (LinkedIn, from what I hear it is for). I would understand the use of these sites if people bailed on Facebook for selling personal information, but when you're STILL on a site to handle all of these tasks, why are you a registered user on 3 other sites to duplicate that functionality?

I'm making some cynical posts, but I really don't understand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers