Battery life 100% to 0%

scottt732

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading the amazing battery life thread and thinking, "Yeah.. I totally agree. Battery life has been awesome today." (yesterday). Then I looked a little closer. It had been disconnected since around noon. At midnight, it was still showing 100%. A little while later, it was at 0. I tried removing/replacing the battery. I guess next I'll try a hard reboot, then an exchange. Has anyone seen anything like this? I installed the Battery for WP8 live tile app and it's stuck at 99% (probably rounding 100% differently). :-(

wp_ss_20121120_0001.pngwp_ss_20121120_0003.png

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
The battery app only refreshes every 30 minutes and never goes over 99%. I have excellent battery life on mine plus the recharge is super fast.

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The battery app only refreshes every 30 minutes and never goes over 99%. I have excellent battery life on mine plus the recharge is super fast.

+1 to this. Still experiencing amazing battery performance. Not really using apps to map/track it, but all of the things I did (or rather couldn't do) on my Bionic (with the expanded battery brand new on ICS), I'm doing three times over with my 822.

scottt732

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It looks like it might have been a fluke in my case. I left Nokia Music and Sonic the Hedgehog running for a little while and It is discharging steadily and at a decent rate now. I'm going to hold off on the hard reset or the nuclear option..exchanging it.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This is not exactly correct, but approximately correct. Periodic Tasks (or Background Tasks) which update live tiles within the phone (without any push notification from the cloud) do so at irregular intervals, so developers shouldn't rely on them occurring more frequently than every hour, though generally they will occur about every half hour. The reason for this is that the OS does all of the periodic tasks at once, at whatever time it is powering up the radios, for whatever tasks it needs to power up the radios for, so that it can do any tasks that need radios all at once and not have to power up radios again for tasks a separate time. This is because powering up the radios is a resource-intensive task, so reducing the number of times the radio is powered up saves battery.

I may not have done the best job in the world of explaining it, but hopefully that gives you a rough idea. This is why developers can't write apps that do tasks at specific exact times in the background, also, say, for instance, reset a tile at precicely midnight (which is what I want to do in one of my apps). So what I do is just let the periodic task run, and my tile will reset sometime shortly after midnight every day.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Sound like you definitely have a problem. I tried the live tile battery app, but it seemed to drag down my battery faster than without it, so I uninstalled.

snpragent009

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Ey there. I actually have the same problem. My battery indicates 100% at all times. I tried rebooting my 822. Same issue. Yesterday, I was thinking "Howly crap, crazy battery life" but then it just pooped out, so i started charging my phone, and it was at a critically low level. It charged to 100% overnight, but I've been playing music, etc. on it, and it still reads 100% a few hours later.
Darn, this is my first issue with the phone. I really like the phone regardless...but ugh, lol.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem starting Saturday. It was on 100% all day until about 8 at night and it dropped down to 35% or something like that. Then the next day it was on 100% for a while and all of a sudden dropped to 70%.

Battery life is still good, there is just something messing with the battery life meter.

RedV412

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine stays at 100% for a while but then drops to 99, 98, etc if you watch closely so I think it's at 100 longer than it should be but nothing as ugly as described here. Battery level app doesn't update as often so I really use it as a way to tap on from home screen rather than relying on it as a live tile.

CasvalRemDeikun

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I can typically get through a 12 hour shift with wi-fi on and not dip below 50%. There is never going to be a place where I will be in any danger of running out of juice.

tomxteam

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
If you are seeing sudden battery drops, check what apps you have running as Background tasks. (settings>background tasks) One of those might be the culprit. I know Nokia Drive was toasting my battery for a while after I'd completed a navigation, but I think latest update fixed that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05