New Lumia owner, need some help!

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Ringtones can be downloaded via many apps in the store, or you can simply plug your device into your PC via USB then browse the folders where you will see a Ringtones folder. Drop in any mp3 file (Certain size/length restrictions that I can't recall offhand right now) and it will be available in the list under settings.

Haven't tried the sync app on Win 8 so sorry can't comment there.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Ringtones can be downloaded via many apps in the store, or you can simply plug your device into your PC via USB then browse the folders where you will see a Ringtones folder. Drop in any mp3 file (Certain size/length restrictions that I can't recall offhand right now) and it will be available in the list under settings.

Haven't tried the sync app on Win 8 so sorry can't comment there.

Hopefully someone can help me with the Windows phone 8 sync.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, as a now former iPhone user, I created a bunch of my own ringtones. If you have iTunes, there's a way to do this that is pretty easy. I had a few saved in a folder I entitled "ringtones" and then I just copied the files and changed the handle to .mp3... Of course, I see that the OP's question has already been answered, but I'd be more than happy to share my way in full detail for any former iPhone users who are transitioning to WP8. :)

acydlord

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not too sure about Windows Phone Sync, when I first connected my phone to my win8 desktop the icon showed up on my start screen instantly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6