Receiving multple 822's at upgrade price...

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Quick rundown of my 822 getting attempts

Costco - I ordered a grey 822 from Costco for $49.99 upgrade price. I ordered on 11/15 with an estimated ship date of 11/19. On 11/19 I called them to check shipping estimates. They had none. So I decided to cancel and go for the free one from Wal-Mart. I called up and cancelled over the phone.

Wal-Mart - I tried to order from Wal-Mart several times. First by phone to check color options and delivery dates. They only had black at the time and no delivery estimates, so I told them i'm not interested. The salesman was pushy, I had to say no several times. Then when grey showed up in their system I tried online, but I was transferring my upgrade and their online system couldn't handle it. So no go. ThenI tried over the phone and they said I couldn't complete the order because it wasn't in stock. Ok...?

Best Buy - impatient and impulsive, I printed out the Wal-Mart free price and took it to Best Buy on Monday and walked out with a free black 822 that I've been using happily.

Now onto today...

Costco - emailed me today telling me that my order was delayed from 11/19 to 11/28. This came after I cancelled over the phone.

Wal-Mart - I just got an email from Wal-Mart telling me my order shipped and will be here soon.

So what's going to happen? Am I going to end up with 2 free 822s and 1 $49.99 822? I cancelled with Costco and never completed an order with Wal-Mart, soI shouldn't be receiving these. I'm hoping neither charge me off contract prices. Not really wanting to deal with $1000+ worth of phones on my credit card.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Does Wal-Mart have your card number? They will charge you. You "sign the contract" when you activate the phone so you can send it back. When they realize that they are not getting their commission they will likely charge the full price of the phone to your account.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
They probably do for shipping. The invoice on the order shows $0 for the phone and $7.99 for 2 day shipping. I'm assuming if it's activated they'd see I don't have an upgrade available and will charge accordingly at that point? Hopefully I can return it in store.

Costco just sent me a cancellation email finally. Glad they didn't end up sending me a phone too.

jdefuria

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I did something similar. First orered with Costco when they said they were getting the white in on 9/19. After they didn't get it in, I started looking at other offers or to see if BestBuy would get white in stock.

I finally ordered with WalMart yesterday to get the white one free plus a $100 gift card. They said it was in stock and would ship yesterday. I cancelled the costco order and did receive a cancellation email from them.

Now, of course, my order status with WalMart was updated to say it would ship today instead of yesterday. I don't have my hopes up.

Why can't these companies actually have stock when they say they do? I'm guessing that the wal-marts, costcos, and best-buys of the world will all be getting the non-black phones in on the 27th or 28th. We'll see.

jdefuria

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Yup. As expected order status now changed to "awaiting inventory". Sigh. Again, I'm betting the phones show up at retailers after cyber Monday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos