Getting an early upgrade ?

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
My brother has a Verizon trophy that he replaced the screen 3 times now and keeps asking me how he can upgrade but his contract is not up for about 6 months
Anyone know how he can upgrade without paying full price ?
Is there some kind of early upgrade penalty he could pay?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Have him call and check on his eligibility, when they say in 6mo, then ask about his etf (early termination fee). When the rep asks why? Have him say that he's needing a new phone, but his upgrade is months off. He's considering switching to a new carrier so he can do this, that is unless of course Verizon can do something to help him out. As he's about 7 months out, the etf shouldn't be too much, would be about $80 on Sprint. An early upgrade offer, to reset his eligibility, from their retention department would be around the same price. Everyone wins, bro gets new phone, VZW gets a new 24mo agreement AND his continued loyalty. Let me know how this works..

p.s. I'm a CSR for Sprint.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I fact, I just recently finished my order for my new HTC Windows Phone 8X. I was out with my boys Saturday night and after 7 clubs, I spider webbed my phone, about the 60th time I dropped it. I was offered a $150 8x on the value plan, a migration fee, and +/-30 less per month. If you want need now, call and ask. The worst that can happen is you're told no

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
My brother has a Verizon trophy that he replaced the screen 3 times now and keeps asking me how he can upgrade but his contract is not up for about 6 months
Anyone know how he can upgrade without paying full price ?
Is there some kind of early upgrade penalty he could pay?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Don't go the the store you will just be wasting your time. Call Verizon instead and tell them how your phone kept breaking and having problems and you need to upgrade and get away from it ASAP and they will more then likely upgrade you early. If it does not work then just hang up and try again. My wife had the same situation but she wanted an iPhone and they wont allow early upgrades for iPhones so they sent her a free phone of whatever she wanted without even renewing her contract.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Calling customer service will probably be a better idea. He should ask for an early upgrade, depending on what phone he's looking to get they might give it to him.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos