anyone get their 822 from WalMart? Color?

Balo1812

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Ordered the Grey and White on Dec 1. White showed up on Dec 4. Grey still says "awaiting inventory", on Wal-Mart's site it went from a "3 to 5 day to ship", to "1 to 2 week to ship" and now the Grey isn't even listed on their site anymore only the Black and White are listed. Hopefully this is do only to the high demand although other stores seem to have the Grey still in stock. Guess I will have to live with all the problems with my current Android phone while my wife enjoys her nice new White 822.

wingman7000

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Ordered the Grey and White on Dec 1. White showed up on Dec 4. Grey still says "awaiting inventory", on Wal-Mart's site it went from a "3 to 5 day to ship", to "1 to 2 week to ship" and now the Grey isn't even listed on their site anymore only the Black and White are listed. Hopefully this is do only to the high demand although other stores seem to have the Grey still in stock. Guess I will have to live with all the problems with my current Android phone while my wife enjoys her nice new White 822.

i'm in the same boat...wife is enjoying her new black 822 and i'm sitting here updating the order status page every 5 min...

JimmyHM

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a grey 822 from Walmart on Dec. 1. Got update email on Dec. 7:

"...We are normally pretty good at predicting our inventory but the demand for the Nokia Lumia 822 Grey - 4G LTE even surprised us.

Thanks again for shopping with us. Your phone will be on its way to you soon. ..."

Still waiting for another update.

wingman7000

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a grey 822 from Walmart on Dec. 1. Got update email on Dec. 7:

"...We are normally pretty good at predicting our inventory but the demand for the Nokia Lumia 822 Grey - 4G LTE even surprised us.

Thanks again for shopping with us. Your phone will be on its way to you soon. ..."

Still waiting for another update.

I got the same email. I tried chatting with a walmart rep today, but that was pretty much worthless. They have no idea when they will get the grey shipment in. At least I got him to upgrade my shipping to next business day for free :s

wingman7000

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else waiting for a Grey Lumia 822 from wally world? I really want the grey, but am growing impatient and tempted to just get the black. Should I keep waiting?

UPDATE: just refreshed the order tracking page and the status now says "Carrier Approved" instead of "Awaiting inventory". This could be a good sign!!!
update1.png
update.png

Last edited:

wingman7000

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else waiting for a Grey Lumia 822 from wally world? I really want the grey, but am growing impatient and tempted to just get the black. Should I keep waiting?

UPDATE: just refreshed the order tracking page and the status now says "Carrier Approved" instead of "Awaiting inventory". This could be a good sign!!!
View attachment 24857
View attachment 24856

Its shipping now!!! FINALLY...won't get it until Monday, but at least its on its way :):winktongue:

Balo1812

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Just received my Carrier Approved email also at 12:18 CST. For my wife's White 822 it only took them any hour and a half to send the email with the shipping info hopefully it will be that fast again. I should have done the same as wingman700 and chatted them in next day for free. Oh well if it ships today it should be here on Monday, Tuesday at the latest. I will have to refrain from chucking my Android phone across the room until then. Although that probably wouldn't hurt it because it is in an Otterbox Defender series.

wingman7000

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 24857
View attachment 24856

Its shipping now!!! FINALLY...won't get it until Monday, but at least its on its way :):winktongue:

wingman7000

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Just received my Carrier Approved email also at 12:18 CST. For my wife's White 822 it only took them any hour and a half to send the email with the shipping info hopefully it will be that fast again. I should have done the same as wingman700 and chatted them in next day for free. Oh well if it ships today it should be here on Monday, Tuesday at the latest. I will have to refrain from chucking my Android phone across the room until then. Although that probably wouldn't hurt it because it is in an Otterbox Defender series.

I agree...I will have refrain myself from doing the the same with my Palm Pre Plus the next time it freezes on me

Balo1812

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Just got my 822 Grey set up Sweeeeet. Just do the Verizon setup. Grey is a lot less slippy compared to my wife's 822 White. Will probably get the Incipio DualPro SHINE Hard Shell Case from Windows Phone Central because they seem to have an exclusive color and it is good to help this site that is helping us with place to share info.

wingman7000

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my Grey 822 yesterday!!! Luckily I have had time to play with my wife's before getting mine so setup was a bit quicker.

Funny thing though, as long as I waited to get it, I'm still trying to decide how I feel about it. The grey makes it look bigger than the black and even my wife asked why my 822 was bigger than hers as she held them side-by-side. The black does look sleeker IMHO. Guess I'll have a decision to make on whether or not so exchange it for a black one.

JimmyHM

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Got my grey 822 yesterday a day early on Monday and had some problem getting activated. It kept failing to connect. After calling 888-843-2485 and then Verizon, it activated.
The interface is very easy to use. Netflix looks great even though resolution is 480x800. Loaded some custom ringtones and pics for contacts. I'm loving my first smart phone.
So far data usage is 14M cell and >500M Wi-Fi. Really liking the music recognition, bar code reading, voice recognition, and even translation to another language of text captured by the camera. Nokia maps and voice navigation looks great. Angry Birds looks and plays real nice.
Have not really tried it using cell data.

My wife's Galaxy S3 is prettier but I think is more difficult to use.

No complaints so far. Of course having had a "dumb" phone before leaves me more easily awed by what all these new smart phones can do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise