anyone get their 822 from WalMart? Color?

anon(807977)

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine white one came yesterday, I ordered it last Saturday. The Walmart activation was pretty screwed up, they said it would take 24 hours because the activation dept was busy. I went to Verizon's website and activated it myself instantly.

espete

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Ordered my mother-in-law a Gray 822 on Sunday, they shipped it Monday and she had it Wednesday. I also had to go to the Verizon website to activate it because it wasn't getting activated by itself.

fusioncept

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I got the White one! Like ZenPirate, I also just went to Verizon because Wal-mart was sucking with activation.

I got it last Tuesday and I love it! It's pretty slick.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
The activation wasn't working for me, either, but finally after chatting with a Walmart Wireless person for the second time it got activated.

dtrush

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Ordered 2 822's both on Nov 26. on two different accounts. One is supposed to be delivered Dec 4. (Gray), the other (Black) is still awaiting inventory. This is surprising they haven't been able to deliver these faster than this.

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Got mine yesterday. Its white and I must admit owning this phone is FUN. I own an Android phone too and it just isn't nearly as interesting. WP8 is great and when the apps catch up it will only get better.

wingman7000

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
i ordered one grey and one black on friday and am still waiting on inventory. Can't complain since they are essentially paying me $200 to take the phone. I should be able to keep my unlimited data as well ;) can't wait til they get here....

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
i ordered one grey and one black on friday and am still waiting on inventory. Can't complain since they are essentially paying me $200 to take the phone. I should be able to keep my unlimited data as well ;) can't wait til they get here....

Be careful and double check before you activate the phone. The only way to keep unlimited data is to buy the phone at full retail off contract and then activate it to your account. Unless you have some idea in place like activating it on one line on your family plan that doesn't have unlimited data and transferring it over to the unlimited data line, you will most likely lose your current plan. All of the free 822 deals are for subsidized phones and you need an unsubsidized to keep unlimited.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Ordered a black 822 on 11/27 and am still "awaiting inventory". Do you think a load of black 822's are sitting in some cargo hold waiting for the dock worker strike to get over with?

Big Crab

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Odered two black on Nov 23th. Got email notification yesterday said. "Your phones will be shipped to our distribution center on Dec 6th".
I've waited for two weeks man.

wingman7000

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
the black one i ordered for the wife arrived today...can't wait to get home to play with it

no movement on my grey one...still says "awaiting inventory" :angry: grrrr

walmart's site says the grey ones will ship in 1 to 2 weeks. hopefully i'm high on the list

jdefuria

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a white one on Friday, and I just got a notification that it will ship today.

So the phone I ordered on Black Friday I received one week later on the 30th. It has a memory card issue (won't read any SD cards) so now it needs to be exchanged. My exchange order went in yesterday the 7th. The status on the site is "processing the exchange" with estimated shipping date TBD. Not sure if the $100 gift card is worth the hassle of not being able to walk into a brick and mortar store for an on the spot exchange....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12