Just ordered wireless charging charging cover / plate for the 822.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Should be here by the end of the week. Anybody else got these? Does it work well? If not I will post my thoughts whenever I get them. Apparently there is some confusion if you actually need to buy a back charging cover? I got one anyways, won't be a bad idea to have an extra if this stock back plate is wireless enabled. I know it's got contacts on the back so maybe I don't need the cover...

Either way I will get a review of it up here soon!

scottt732

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I picked these up last week. Works like a champ. I'd get one for work if they weren't so overpriced. I didn't compare charging times or anything, but when I wake up, its at 100%. Good enough for me. I don't have a case, but I'm also curious if it works. It requires tap to send be enabled. Despite what people are saying I haven't noticed that draining my battery. NFC doesn't work when the phone is locked or when the screen is off, so I doubt it's a battery drain.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I picked these up last week. Works like a champ. I'd get one for work if they weren't so overpriced. I didn't compare charging times or anything, but when I wake up, its at 100%. Good enough for me. I don't have a case, but I'm also curious if it works. It requires tap to send be enabled. Despite what people are saying I haven't noticed that draining my battery. NFC doesn't work when the phone is locked or when the screen is off, so I doubt it's a battery drain.

Aww, NFC has to be enabled? Dang. I guess I will just have to remember to turn that off.

madisonjar

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
got mine in, used it last night. Works okay with a case on (you have to be a little more exact in where you put it with my jelly case on). But it does work and does charge, I just set it down last night and it started charging right away, nice not to have to fumble with wires at night!

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased the silicone tpu case from the Verizon store yesterday for my daughter's 822. I noticed on the packaging that it states it will fit with the wireless charging backplate installed on the phone.

Seasurf

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I went to order the charging back cover and plate today directly from VZW online and found that the charging plate is not available currently in either color. The back cover was in stock in both colors so I ordered it in black with the hope that the charging plate will come back quickly or I can find one elsewhere. The local VZW retail store as well as Best Buy have never received either the back or plate in stock so that's not an option now for me.

Does anyone know whether the 920 charging plate would work with the 822 and its back cover? If so, I might try AT&T to see if they have any although with the 920 is so hot now maybe that will be no better at the moment.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
My question is where is the back wireless charging cover for the grey one. All I see is black and white and I don't want to have a multi colored phone

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know whether the 920 charging plate would work with the 822 and its back cover? If so, I might try AT&T to see if they have any although with the 920 is so hot now maybe that will be no better at the moment.

I sure hope so because I've ordered the Nokia charging stand in black from AT&T -- but the same Qi compatible stand should work for any of the Lumias.

My question is where is the back wireless charging cover for the grey one. All I see is black and white and I don't want to have a multi colored phone

A grey cover would be nice, but I figure I can live with a black back cover on my grey 822 -- it'll match up with the black on the front of the phone.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Alright so I got them today!

First off, the stock back cover IS NOT a wireless charging back cover as there was some confusion about this. Yes it has contacts on the back but the actual wireless charging back cover has some differences. First off, it has the two contacts that the stock one has but on the other side it has four contacts. Also it says "Nokia wireless charging cover" on the inside. Here is the biggest difference though, it's a bit thicker and heavier. I am not saying it's this HUGE back cover or anything but it does make the phone EVER SO SLIGHTLY thicker. I actually like this. Why? Because my stock cover was getting a little scractched up where the Carl Zeiss logo is (I do not use a case for my phone). The Carl Zeiss logo, the camera, and the flash are all indented a bit now so they won't get scratched. Good for those of us who do not use cases! Oh and yeah, like I said its a little bit heavier. You cant even tell with the cover on the phone but holding JUST the back plates you can tell which one is the wirless charging one (heavier).

The added weight and thickness is so freaking minimal I hope it doesn't turn people off from getting these accessories because really, it's a non-issue.

The charging plate (black) works as advertized. Plugged it in, laid my phone on top of it - started charging. Took the phone off, stopped charging. I have yet to test times for charging but it will be the charger in my bedroom so I really don't think I will ever be able to gauge it as I plan on using this only when I sleep. Which rocks because fumbling with a phone who's alarm is going off when you just wake up and it's plugged into the wall can be messy sometimes lol.

Either way, anybody interested in these accessories I say go for it! It's so easy to use and IMO makes the phone feel better in hand and protects the camera better if you don't use a case!

wingman7000

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes it has contacts on the back but the actual wireless charging back cover has some differences. First off, it has the two contacts that the stock one has but on the other side it has four contacts. Also it says "Nokia wireless charging cover" on the inside.

Could you post a pick of the two side-by-side? I am curious about the contacts. I ordered a black and grey 822 on Friday and am excited to get them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb