SD Card issue

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So I have an 8GB Memory Card that is not showing the correct memory size.
Originally when I brought it, I brought it on black friday with my Nook Tablet.
I was trying to root the nook tablet(which reminds me of why I hate android...it's overly complicated lol)
and somehow i think I formatted the SD card incorrectly.

Now instead of showing 8GB memory free it shows 58.6 MB of 70.5 MB free

Can this be fixed or is it beyond repair?
I was thinking of just buying a 16 or 32 GB card anyway but i'd love to use my memory card i have now.

Clancynobi

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If you have a card reader you can try hooking it up to your local PC and re-formatting it, then when you insert it back into the phone re-reformat again. There might be some kind of locked file on the card.

falsehopess

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
sounds like you have to use a re-partition tool to delete whatever partition you created for your tablet from there reformatting the card should bring back the original size

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Trying to deal with SD cards in Windows isn't the easiest thing. I would HIGHLY recommend that you download the FREE version of MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition and use it to explore and work with the SD card.

I just got my 64Gb SD card tonight, popped into my laptop first and noticed that the numbers for free space was off a bit. Looked at the card from Windows Disk Manager and notice there was a 64Mb partition that I couldn't access. Looking at the packaging, it "included an Android app" for backups. Great, like I need that! I'm guessing that's where they put the app. The only way I could delete all the partitions and create just one big one was with the above software.

The only "gotcha" I found was the MiniPartion Tool, can't format to extFAT (which the phone prefers BTW). No big deal just formatted to NTFS with MiniPartition Tool, exited the program, then I formatted it in Windows to extFAT and put it the phone to make sure it was happy, which it was.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Memory cards are not a great way to store anything. Over the years I have read numerous post about information just disappearing off a memory card, so make sure you have a backup of anything on your memory card. If you have trouble with a memory card, just toss it and get a new one.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
There use to be a professional photographers site that did real intensive testing on numerous memory cards. Professional photographers need top of the line memory cards with a fast write speed, and the ability to rewrite numerous times. They exposed a bunch of memory cards that didn't even come close to the specs they advertised. I always thought SanDisk was the best memory card, but it's not. Lexar was always rated the best according to their testing.
[h=1][/h]

ngc604

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
doesn't get much easier than this. SD card partitioning - XDA-Developers

android itself is not hard. it it the manufactures that make it hard. nexus 7 was easy. connect to computer. fastboot bootloader, fastboot oem unlock, fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot reboot recovery. then install your custom rom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo