Verizon has the 822 for $49.99

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Just an FYI for anyone who wants to buy through Verizon Wireless and not a third party for whatever reason, the price dropped to $49.99 today (online, no idea about in-store). I'm assuming this a weekend or possibly holiday deal.

For me, I've been patient with getting my new 822 waiting for just this deal. I was wary of upgrading through a 3rd party because although I don't have unlimited data, I do have a portion of my plan that is grandfathered in and only Verizon has access to the grandfathered portion of a plan apparently. It's not free like many other deals, but it's still pretty good.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I have to think this is a permanent drop. Ballmer advertised this device at $49.99 originally when WP8 launched and then Verizon were charging $99.99 for some reason. I don't have any real evidence to support my claim here except that there is no mention of a sale or anything that I can see.

In saying all that, for $50, this makes the decision between the 8X and 822 tougher. This will be free on Amazon Wireless (if it eventually gets there) and will hopefully outsell that stupid Samsung Brightside. That thing has the worst reviews but somehow it's at the top of a couple of best seller lists consistently.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I thought the 822 has been $49 since launch? I could easily be wrong though, I paid full price for mine and didn't pay much attention to the contract price.

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I thought the 822 has been $49 since launch? I could easily be wrong though, I paid full price for mine and didn't pay much attention to the contract price.

The price has been $99 since launch from Verizon Wireless. Lower prices were only at 3rd party retailers.

I wouldn't assume this is a permanent switch since we haven't heard that to be the case. It's still showing a few places on the VZW site as $99, making me think its a temporary change. I do remember the $49 mentioned early on before its release but I always thought that was a mistake since they were very quick to change it afterwards and clarify. I was guessing the things that Verizon had added to think version over the 820 (battery, storage, ffc, Gorilla Glass) make it more expensive and they didn't want to sell it for less than the $99 ($149-50) initially. I'm guessing its still $149 in store with the mail-in $50 rebate.

Trent Vann

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Stopped by the store that I bought my 822 from and they were able to refund the difference for me. Normally they can do it without a problem if you are within 14 days of purchase but the Manager told the sales rep how to do it since I was at 16 days.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Stopped by the store that I bought my 822 from and they were able to refund the difference for me. Normally they can do it without a problem if you are within 14 days of purchase but the Manager told the sales rep how to do it since I was at 16 days.

That's awesome that they were able to do that for you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99