Considering a switch from iOS to WP8

ptb127

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I just ordered a Nokia 822... I have 14 days to try it and if I want to exchange it for a 8x, I will. But Nokia's support system is going to be the best it can be and the value added apps make up the diff. Plus the screens don't look all that diff including when I zoom in to text. Beats audio is overrated especially when my beats headphones make any music sound great, regardless if it has beats or not.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Another suggestion that I would have is right after you get your 822, do a factory restore. When I got mine it had approx 9GB of free space, I did a factory reset and it went up to 11GB.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
@TheDrizzle - The orientation lock confuses me, but a LOT of people ask about it. I have an iPhone5 and I didn't know it existed, how to set it or when I would want to use it.

The last question is really the one I want the answer to ... why is it important? Why would I want to hold the phone landscape and see it in portrait? Is it because the orientation sometimes changes by accident?

I don't understand this on the phone either, but the rumor is that the Apollo+ update that is coming early next year will feature the orientation lock along with a few other things (notification center is one - also talk of the ability to close the "multi-tasking" slots on the phones - basically remove the suspended programs that you want to remove).

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
The used space is supposedly the USA maps pre-installed in Nokia Drive.

That's exactly what it is. My parents each got 822s recently and they came preloaded with the 2.5GB US map and another 50+MB used by maps of the Bahamas and Cayman Islands. Not sure why those were on there, but they were.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly what it is. My parents each got 822s recently and they came preloaded with the 2.5GB US map and another 50+MB used by maps of the Bahamas and Cayman Islands. Not sure why those were on there, but they were.

Yeah, I was wondering why it had the Bahamas and Cayman Islands when I was deleting them...maybe they want us to go on a vacation there. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss