W510 *finally* arriving in Ontario Canada

vtan

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Just to let other Canadians who may be on this forum know that the Acer W510 tablet with keyboards are *finally* arriving in Ontario Canada. They're appearing on both the Future Shop and Best Buy websites and I picked one up today from Future Shop in Guelph.
Vince

vtan

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm really enjoying this device for its flexibility. The tablet alone is the same weight as the iPad and with the keyboard still comes in well under 3lbs. I haven't used the device long enough to have fully tested battery life but it does look so far that it should easily get 10-12 hours of useful work with wifi, bluetooth, and screen at 30-40% (still very bright). Build quality seems good but not "excellent" like an Apple device. I'm still looking for fully functional trackpad drivers as there currently are no Win 8 gestures available. Could just be a matter of time.
I did have the ASUS Vivo RT device (with keyboard) for a time but found RT to be too restrictive as there are simply not enough apps in the Windows Store yet. So, in the meantime I will stick with full Windows 8 that the W510 offers and be able to enjoy ... the ability to run legacy apps, ability to run new Win 8 apps from the Windows Store, have long battery life, have instant on, have compatibility with home and work networks and software tools, and have both a productivity tool (laptop) and fun device (tablet) all in one unit.
Vince

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss