for those who paid $99 for the 822 online

jmk1127

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
:grin:Just a heads up that verizons now selling the 822 for $49. I called up today and they credited my next bill for the difference. Kudos to Verizon customer service for that.

Just trying to help/save a few bucks for fellow windows fans

Just fyi, I ordered my phone from Verizon offline.

Last edited:

racerjim

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
They told me it had to be purchased within 14 days of date you call them for the price match. I lose (i was a preorder...)

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
They told me it had to be purchased within 14 days of date you call them for the price match. I lose (i was a preorder...)

Definitely don't be shy. Before the price drop this weekend, I checked with VZW online about price adjustments last week and was told I could get an adjustment up to 30 days after my order. I've been a customer for a while but I'm pretty sure I didn't give that information in that conversation, so it wasn't like it was "since you've been such a great customer" bs. In store, maybe you'll have more problems, but online, if its within 30 days, ask more than once to see if you can make it happen.

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Has it been longer than 14 days? If not, it should definitely work for in-store. If it has passed, you can still try, what do you have to lose? I also think they are more likely to give this since most are reporting back an account credit not cash back.

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip!! Just saved me a hundred bucks on 2 lines! Even though I purchased my phones from my local store, I called and asked for the price match. I originally paid $149 for each phone before the rebate and had it charged to my account. The rep on the phone said she would price match and credit my account for what the store was selling them for despite my being just "outside" the time frame for price matching. She was most helpful and pleasant. (I'm starting to wonder of Verizon is under new management judging from the increased level of customer service and friendliness).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)