Multi-touch driver?

Ivan421

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I was just curious if anyone has seen any information about a multitouch driver for the touchpad on the W510? It amazes me that I can't scroll with the touchpad on this thing. I know... it's touch screen, but sometimes its easier to use the touchpad. Anyone else think that's an issue, or is it just me?

vtan

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
No, I've not yet seen anything on this although I've searched high and low. Yes, I too would like Win 8 gestures on the trackpad. I've had my mouse go wonky on me a couple times. Like someone else has mentioned I would lose horizontal movement and could only move the cursor vertically. I would have to undock and redock to clear this condition. Also, I would like the drivers with a configuration utility to allow me to turn off the tap on the trackpad so that I stop inadvertently moving the cursor when typing.
Vince

Ivan421

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You mayalready know this,but there's a Function key that turns off the trackpad. If you're just typing for extended periods, that may help your problem.

vtan

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Ah, yes ... I had forgotten about that, thank you. Good work-around for now but my preference would still be to disable the tap altogether.
Vince

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
No, I've not yet seen anything on this although I've searched high and low. Yes, I too would like Win 8 gestures on the trackpad. I've had my mouse go wonky on me a couple times. Like someone else has mentioned I would lose horizontal movement and could only move the cursor vertically. I would have to undock and redock to clear this condition. Also, I would like the drivers with a configuration utility to allow me to turn off the tap on the trackpad so that I stop inadvertently moving the cursor when typing.
Vince

Mine does the exact same thing. I'm assuming it's a driver issue, but who knows when/if we'll ever get an update. It's too bad, really the only complaint I have with it.

-R

Tinto Rouge

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I've once had a old laptop without scroll-function on touchpad, i've found a generic driver that worked, gave scroll-option on touchpad, worked very nice.
They also have w8 driver but its rather large compared to the other older windows drivers.
Maybe it works for you, im very interested if it works while i'm considering the 64 gb with dock for 398 euro's.

Drivers | Synaptics

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs