Lumia 822 Cases

luke6494

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
So i have been on the forums for a while now and i have not been able to find anything relating to lumia 822 cases. has anyone heard anything or does anyone know when more are going to be released. I have the terrible hard clear one from verizon but it makes the phone even more slippery. It causes it to be so slippery to the point ive dropped it twice on pulling it out of my pocket. Any sign on a nice tpu or gel case?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the OtterBox but I am a person who does want more bulk. I do understand that not all do, though. I did contact speck, and ask them if they if they had any plans, and they said no, but that the more people they hear from can affect their plans. They have some fine looking cases for the 920.... Drop them a line if you like their Candy Shell cases. ;-)

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes besides, I pretty much given up on buying cases. I do take good care of my gadgets and end up trading them for something newer inside the 2 years mark.

luke6494

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
ive only ever broken one phone from dropping it and that was an iphone 3gs and i had it for just about 2 years with no case when it happened. Because this phone is still brand new to me i dont wanna take any chances and have an insurance claim on my hands with verizon. That is why i was looking for a different case. thanks for the quick replies guys i appreciate it :grin:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

bman03

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm very confused. I contacted Otterbox and they are saying they don't have any cases to sell for the 822. Yet, I see that Amazon and VerizonWireless websites have the Otterbox Defender cases for sale?
Can someone confirm that they've purchased and have in-hand an Otterbox Defender case for the 822 (either black or gray)?

Thanks,
Brian

Anonymous7532479

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I actually returned my black 822 and bought a white one. The white one is much less slippery. But, I think the phone looks too nice to cover it with a case, so mine goes bare.

I did find a full body protector on Amazon though. Looks like screen protector material that covers the entire phone. Doubt it will prevent the phone from breaking during a fall, but it should help avoid nicks and scratches? Only $4 (free shipping too). You may wanna check it out:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AB29VK...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU1804684

-mcskipp

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I actually returned my black 822 and bought a white one. The white one is much less slippery. But, I think the phone looks too nice to cover it with a case, so mine goes bare.

I did find a full body protector on Amazon though. Looks like screen protector material that covers the entire phone. Doubt it will prevent the phone from breaking during a fall, but it should help avoid nicks and scratches? Only $4 (free shipping too). You may wanna check it out:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AB29VK...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU1804742

-mcskipp
I did see that. Did you happen to notice the installation time: 45 mins, at least that's what I think I read somewhere in there.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm very confused. I contacted Otterbox and they are saying they don't have any cases to sell for the 822. Yet, I see that Amazon and VerizonWireless websites have the Otterbox Defender cases for sale?
Can someone confirm that they've purchased and have in-hand an Otterbox Defender case for the 822 (either black or gray)?

Thanks,
Brian
Last time I checked Otterbox had it on their own website, so that is weird. Like some folks are saying, this is such an awesome looking phone it's a shame to cover it with a case. But it is a matter of personal preference.

thor_molecules

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AB29VK...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU1805968

-mcskipp

Odd. In playing with the 822's it felt to me like the black had a better grip while the white was more slippery and plasticky. Though, I wound up buying the white anyway (just preferred the look).

anon(1458)

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the otterbox and will definitely be taking it back later today. What's the point of having a cover with a built in protector if the top is open and lets dust and other things in under it? I may go the naked route with mine as well

fusioncept

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I just got the one Verizon carries (the blue silicone case). Here are some pictures (sorry for the grainy-ness). And while we're here, which looks better, steel or teal?

Photo on 12-10-12 at 12.36 PM #3.jpg

Photo on 12-10-12 at 12.36 PM.jpg

Photo on 12-10-12 at 12.35 PM.jpg

picture002.jpg

picture001.jpg

I honestly don't have the same problem with this case. I think it is solid, and while slippery, less so than the actual phone.

Last edited:

marantaz

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
So i have been on the forums for a while now and i have not been able to find anything relating to lumia 822 cases. has anyone heard anything or does anyone know when more are going to be released. I have the terrible hard clear one from verizon but it makes the phone even more slippery. It causes it to be so slippery to the point ive dropped it twice on pulling it out of my pocket. Any sign on a nice tpu or gel case?

I was in the same boat, Luke. Two almost drops and I couldn't wait any longer. Went to my closest Verizon store to look for some protection; everything was iphone and droid; I had to ask if they had any in stock, and they went into the back to bring out a clear hard plastic snap together shell thing that was just as slippery as the phone (which would probably break apart if dropped, and the black full back cover with the holster that it slides into (its the one featured on Verizon's website, with the pop out kickstand). I love the look of this phone, the white is gorgeous, but I broke down and bought the full cover, and a package of three screen protectors, they're nice, cut to fit the screen. Some of the white still shows, but and it's a breeze to put on and off, so it's the best option if you want to protect your 822 (I know I do!)
I had looked around previously, and if you're not worried about damage from dropping it as much as you are about scratches, there's a company called Zagg, amongst others, that will do the full body and screen protection for you (they have those little outlets in the mall corridors) or you can order it and do it yourself, but I suspect it will still be a slippery surface.

luke6494

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
yea im going to have to look into the full body covers. thank you everyone for all of the replies i really appreciate it. for now i just have my phone naked. i couldnt stand the clear snap case anymore. felt like a bar of soap in my hand. i will look into those like i said and i will keep checking amazon for the tpu cases. those are what i really want

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)