Well. I just pulled the trigger on the 8S

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Went on eBay and saw an unlocked black/white, plugged my nose and grabbed it from Taiwan. I'm a little concerned about ram size but it should be manageable with an sd card.

I guess it's too late for this, but how's the display in terms of sharpness? How do the small size tiles show?

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Nice! Didn't know there's WP8 phones from Taiwan (my home, yay!), they just got the shipments for L920 so I'm quite surprised someone is selling 8S already.
Enjoy, I really like the design of 8S :)

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Nice review. Pretty impressive considering the price point. I looked at the Nokia 820 as well and found unlocked pricing about 75.00 less than an 8X, which I thought was overpriced. I briefly considered the 8X, but at 250.00 more and some reboot issues, I decided against it.

britorj

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
No lag. Best smartphone in the planet on this price range...You won't find anything similiar with so little money.

I'm loving mine. Slim, thin, small, and fast. Best Low-End Phone since my last HTC HD Mini.

The only bad thing is not being able to install applications inside the SD Card. Built in memory limits the phone, but, I hope Microsoft hear our claims and update the firmware to let us install at least big files, like GPS Map files, inside SD Card....

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
No lag. Best smartphone in the planet on this price range...You won't find anything similiar with so little money.

I'm loving mine. Slim, thin, small, and fast. Best Low-End Phone since my last HTC HD Mini.

The only bad thing is not being able to install applications inside the SD Card. Built in memory limits the phone, but, I hope Microsoft hear our claims and update the firmware to let us install at least big files, like GPS Map files, inside SD Card....
That would be nice, even if the programs themselves had to be installed on the phone, I'd love for the data (game save files, map data etc.) to be put on the sd card.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I just saw it today morning on a website of the Indian retailer...it looks just awesome...unfortunately, there is no black. BUT, there is hope. As the Windows Phone website shows a black. And Also a green.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos