unable to recieve or send picture messages -service is TMOBILE

helpmeplease2

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
ok so i can't seem to find out why i can not send or recieve picture messages?
i am able to use the internet, apps, get emails, use FB, send and recieve regular texts and recieve and send calls.
I got the nokia lumia 900 locked to AT&T, I unlocked it and switched service to TMobile.
tmobile tried to have me put in an APN thing and that didn't help, i rest my phone to factory, took out the sim, still it don't not work sending or recieving picture messages, what else is there that I can do?
I have a data plan so why can't I send pics? :eck:

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the Nokia Network setup app installed?

I was having this problem on my phone and in the end I fixed it by running The Network Setup app, but then choosing one of the networks it picked up that wasn't mine. I let it do its quick thing, then immediately went back into it and then chose my proper carrier (T Mobile) and voila, it picked up the MMS settings and it all works fine.

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I have seen a couple cases where the phone company messed up the data plan when rolling into the nokias call them double check they didn't f it up

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Open your windows store/marketplace app. The one that looks like a shopping bag.

Fyi. You did a carrier unlock. Completely different from the other thing.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to check, you're not just connected to wifi, you have your cellular data on? With any WP if you have cellualr data turned off you cannot send or receive pic messages.

helpmeplease2

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
unlocking the phone only allows you to change carriers? it does not allow you to get other apps from the carriers??

my wifi wasn't on/connected when i added the app, it works now =] sending and recieving pic messages that is.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
You should have access to all the apps in the store based on regional availability.. There are manufacturer specific apps, mostly Nokia. Where are you? What do you see when you open the marketplace/store app?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos