rainbowmod helpp

Steven Brent

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi I recently upgraded to the rainbowmod for my Nokia 710 but I don't know what to do with it. And the xap files, what are the benefits and I noticed I know longer have 4g. Can I restore my phone back to normal, im really new to all this, please help in any way, I also noticed that the tiles don't flip anymore and they are no longer "live tiles" with the people tile its blank and so on.please give me some advice and let me know if I can restore it.

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I've never used the rainbowmod, but I do think you could probably flash your previous firmware and use one of your backups. This would be achieved through Nokia Care Suite and Navifirm.

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Flashing a previous firmware is to install what you previously had which is essentially facorty settings. This would rid you of the rainbowmod because rainbowmod is a variant of the firmware.

Mihir Joshi

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Restoring is pretty straightforward, you should be able to download the stock ROM for your phone using Navifirm+. Follow this guide, but instead of downloading the file in there, get the one that corresponds with your device (There's no harm in using any firmware from there as long as it is for the Lumia 710, but if you have a T-Mobile device and you want to go back to the stock T-Mobile software, then get a T-Mobile file). If you need help picking a file, I can send you the one I put on my phone before sending it for repair.

Also, if the statusbar says 'H' instead of '4G', then you still have 4G. 'H' stands for HSPA+ which is the technical term for 4G. As for the people tile not flipping, it flips with people's pictures for me just like it does on the stock ROM, so I can't really help there. Have you added a Facebook/Google/Microsoft account for it to sync contacts?

XAP files are, simply put, the .exe files of WP7. The advantage of RainbowMod is that it is 'full unlocked' which is similar to jailbreaking or rooting on iOS/Android. With this, you can do neat things like use file managers, change themes, change the default search from Bing to Google, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte