Can't access outlook

amf78

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this morning there were no email notifications on my outlook tile on my home screen. I usually have 20-30 emails that come in overnight, so this was strange. I tapped the outlook tile to get to my email and it won't access outlook. When I tap the tile, everything on the home screen flies away, but instead of going in to my inbox it goes back to the home screen. I tried going to outlook through the outlook link on my apps list and that won't work either.

If I restart the phone, when I initially unlock it I can get to outlook. But as soon as I go back to the home screen I can't get there again. I went in to settings, email + accounts and my microsoft account is greyed out and says it's syncing. But it has been "syncing" for over an hour. Help?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
How long have you had the phone? I ask because I had some similar problems. I hadn't had my 822 but for a couple of days. I was thinking of resetting it and I knew I wasn't to far into it to lose a lot of info. I reset it and it runs perfect now. If you feel you don't have too much invested, a simple reset may solve your issues. It is a bit time-consuming to have to redownload your apps, but it was worth it for me in the long run.

Did you or the rep you bought the phone from, have trouble initially setting up the phone? We did at my Best Buy Mobile store. It is inside the mall and supposedly Verizon was having issues with the network that day. I just wonder if those issues, coupled with the bad signal inside the mall, didn't get something just right during the initial set-up.

If you need help resetting the phone, let me know.

amf78

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I ended up having to reset the phone. On the bright side, because of the backup all my apps, contacts, pictures, etc. reappeared. Even my phone call history. I just had to redo my home screen to get it how I wanted it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss