IS anyone using the Verizon 822 on tmobile or AT&T in U.S.?

MorbidFun

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
My brother just took his Nokia to T-Mo. According to him he went to wireless settings and changed it to the GSM option and then selected any update buttons that showed up and he has full data, voice, and text. Hope this helps anyone. I may be switching myself to save money since my wife is now unemployed.

xirsteon

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
My brother just took his Nokia to T-Mo. According to him he went to wireless settings and changed it to the GSM option and then selected any update buttons that showed up and he has full data, voice, and text. Hope this helps anyone. I may be switching myself to save money since my wife is now unemployed.
It will be nice if you can have your brother post screenshot showing how he did it. Or perhaps a better step by step instructions. Thanks

xirsteon

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site

Can he send SMS? can u verify this with your brother?

MorbidFun

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I will check with him later in the week. He went to Settings, Cellular, and selected GSM. I assume texting is fine as he texted me yesterday. I live in Washington and he lives in Idaho. Will let you know.

xirsteon

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I will check with him later in the week. He went to Settings, Cellular, and selected GSM. I assume texting is fine as he texted me yesterday. I live in Washington and he lives in Idaho. Will let you know.

Ok. Thanks. I'm assuming "GSM" is an on/off switch under the Cellular sub-settings screen. If you can confirm this, I might get an 822 off CL. There are few for $100 or so in the last few weeks. I just didn't want to buy them for the SMS sending issue.

MorbidFun

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have an 822 as well and I can select either LTE and CDMA, Global Mode, or GSM and LTE so I believe that is what he is referring to. The phone comes default in Global Mode. He did text me again today so it looks like texting is fine.
Ok. Thanks. I'm assuming "GSM" is an on/off switch under the Cellular sub-settings screen. If you can confirm this, I might get an 822 off CL. There are few for $100 or so in the last few weeks. I just didn't want to buy them for the SMS sending issue.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just won one of these and I'm excited to see it's usable on AT&T!

Perhaps I wasn't thorough with reading, but I'd be able to get data on AT&T with one of their SIMs?

Par_T

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Really want to get the 822, but stuck on AT&T for another 7 months. I am using a Samsung Focus. Will I need to get AT&T to give me a microsim to use it on 822 or will it take full size sim card? Thanks

Par_T

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Would I be able to have AT&T give me a new microsim and port my number? Only other option is to get the 820, but I like the 16 GB storage on the 822.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Really want to get the 822, but stuck on AT&T for another 7 months. I am using a Samsung Focus. Will I need to get AT&T to give me a microsim to use it on 822 or will it take full size sim card? Thanks

Cut your SIM and use. or tell ATT to give you a micro sim. i did that with Tmobile thought it was for 710 i bought from Groupon. They changed it free of cost.

But i cut my walmart family mobile SiM myself and use it in my 710.. It is easy

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm running an 822 on AT&T and its fine. My phone wasn't on Portico when I got it. I had to put the AT&T apn in for data to work. Everything works fine except internet sharing.

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Try installing the Nokia access point app to see if it helps with pan settings. I know this app also helps with enabling Internet sharing. Ymmv

xirsteon is right, if you use Access Point, you will have access to your APN settings which should provide service including data, etc.

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
xirsteon is right, if you use Access Point, you will have access to your APN settings which should provide service including data, etc.

Its more of WP8 checking to see if your data plan has mobile hot spot which mine doesn't. I think its a ludicrous extra that the carriers are trying to make you pay for.

I'm sure if i had a tethering plan it would work fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos