No Pillows - No Pads for my 822

MadDogFL62

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
DT- 910 (Nokia Wireless Charging Stand) just arrived. Amazon did not have one in stock at the time of my order; I was able to snag one from the T-Mobile Website. Easy to install and works like a champ. IT DOES require the 822 charging back plate. No NFC app or setup required (NFC will auto-configure when the back plate is attached to the phone). No noticeable difference in phone weight or thickness with charging back plate in place on phone.

The stand is sturdy and my 822 seats nicely in the charger without being tippy. I am able to use my touch screen without moving the phone on the stand - or the stand tipping over. Front notification light on the stand lets me know my phone is charging. 822 will also vibrate or play a sound when charging starts. Charge went from 25% to 100% in < 30 minutes. Back of phone does warm up a bit during charging. I did not have a cover on my phone for the first charge, but my cover and skin make no impact on charging responsiveness. Charging unit turns off automatically when phone is 100% charged.

Nokia Wireless Charging Stand. - Nokia - USA

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Is your phone naked? Is there space in the stand that would allow for the phone to be in an Otterbox case?

Edit: I see now. Now I wonder if it would charge through the Otterbox case.....

MadDogFL62

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Is your phone naked? Is there space in the stand that would allow for the phone to be in an Otterbox case?

Edit: I see now. Now I wonder if it would charge through the Otterbox case.....

I have both the Triton case and Verizon black skin for my 822. The Triton is just as thick as the Otterbox and it charges through the Triton with no problem. The 822 also charges through the skin without a problem.

I saw an article on WP Central where a Nokia user attached the charger pad to the underside of his desk - and now just sets his phone on his desk (in that designated spot) to charge it. Using NFC, our phones should be able to charge through quite a bit of density.

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I am considering the charging stand and battery door for the 822 with the intent that when Nokia rolls out a higher end phone in the spring I can still use my charging stand. Glad to know it works through cases, I have the Incipio DualPro case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes