Nokia Lumia 810 Wireless Charger didn't work

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I went to the MS store here in Charlotte, NC and bought the wireless charging stand. Got it home and plugged it in and couldn't pair it with my phone. After multiple fails, I took it back to the Microsoft store to see if I was doing something wrong. They couldn't get it to work either. They opened a brand new charging stand and it didn't work. No one else there had an 810, so we couldn't try another device. They spent a lot of time helping me but no one had an answer nor could they find one. I was wondering if the 810 actually supports wireless charging, if anyone else has had this issue or maybe I have a faulty phone. I came here before calling t-mobile. Thanks.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
You mentioned about the charging plate, I know this may sound dumb but have you actually changed the OEM back cover with a Black/Cyan wireless charging cover?

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I thought the 8xx phones didn't include wireless. In the uk, the 820 comes with an additional charging shell, as a promotion.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The 810/822/820 all support wireless charging when the default back plate is swapped by a charging shell/case which one has to buy for an additional price.

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the black 810 and the guy at the Microsoft store took the back off and said he "thought" it was the correct one. How can I know for sure?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the black 810 and the guy at the Microsoft store took the back off and said he "thought" it was the correct one. How can I know for sure?

lololollll....that's what I thought. There are charging pins lookalike contacts below the shell which a lot of people get confused for wireless charging but its actually for NFC. I don't own a charging plate nor the case hence I won't be able to help you out in this regard but I am pretty sure once you swap the default black with a Cyan/Black wireless charging case it will work. You can check out this thread for info as someone has already reviewed the Cyan case

The one thing that beats me...how did the Microsoft employee miss this...wow you should call that store and let his manager know. For God's sake they are selling a product in their store which they are not familiar with.....:confused:

TwoClipz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you need the Nokia Lumia 810 Wireless Charging Shell ... if you can actually find one. I've been searching for a month and cant find one anyway.

bsipe216

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

You can know for sure very easily. Did you buy a replacement shell (this replaces the part of the phone you remove to take out the battery/sim/microsd)? If you didn't buy that, if you just just have the phone as it came originally, then you cannot wirelessly charge yet.

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The manager didn't know either. They only had a 920 and clearly only knew about that one.

lololollll....that's what I thought. There are charging pins lookalike contacts below the shell which a lot of people get confused for wireless charging but its actually for NFC. I don't own a charging plate nor the case hence I won't be able to help you out in this regard but I am pretty sure once you swap the default black with a Cyan/Black wireless charging case it will work. You can check out this thread for info as someone has already reviewed the Cyan case

The one thing that beats me...how did the Microsoft employee miss this...wow you should call that store and let his manager know. For God's sake they are selling a product in their store which they are not familiar with.....:confused:

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: The manager didn't know either. They only had a 920 and clearly only knew about that one.

From what I've been reading in this forum, only the high volume T-mobile stores carries the charge covers and wirelss charging stands. I got mine in Oakland, CA, I know it doesn't help you here. But you can call your local T-mobile store and ask them to see which store in your area is the high volume store. This is what I did to find one close to me.

The folks that posted on this thread is correct. You'll know when you find the right shell when you see an extra 4 pins, which is for the wireless charging.

Nokia 810 wireless charging shell.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos