Sudden battery issue - anyone else?

zigalayho

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I've had my phone since wednesday, and the battery life has been amazing, not to mention the phone itself. I got up this morning, unplugged my phone, and three hours later I was down to 50%!! WTH?? Yesterday by the same time I was only at 92%. No new apps have been downloaded, nothing different running in the background.... I don't get it... Anyone else have this issue? Suggestions? I've already had to take one 822 back because of the power button being flush with the body of the phone, and I really don't want to have to do it again... :unhappy:

RedV412

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Anytime that happens to me I usually chalk it up to an app that has lost its way and just power cycle the phone (hold power and volume down for ~10 seconds and it will reboot). I've had it on iPhones Androids and once on the 822. Doesn't have to be a new app but an altered setting or simply something that has been running for several days and starts behaving badly.

zigalayho

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I'll try the power cycle next time. It seemed to have straightened itself out later on. I got down to 30% then it took the rest of the night to power down... So hopefully it will be ok.. Thanks for the reply!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I had a sudden battery issue yesterday that caused me to never trust another Rovio app to be left in the foreground when I switched off the screen. My battery was at 67% when I started playing Angry Birds Space, and I played for about 10 minutes before my wife asked me to do something. Now, being OCD, I normally would back out, but what she wanted was rather urgent, so I didn't get out of the app - I just turned the screen off. 30 minutes later when I turned the phone on, it was in battery saver mode.

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The times I've suddenly lost a lot of battery power, it's been because I left something on I didn't intend to, like NFC or location. It could also be an additional background task. I know you said no new apps, what about updates to apps? Although it's not the case every time, I've noticed it can cause some apps to add a background task with the update that I need to re-block.

The power cycle has worked for me the times I've used it, even better for me is pulling the battery out for some reason, that's given the best results for some reason.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I had a sudden battery issue yesterday that caused me to never trust another Rovio app to be left in the foreground when I switched off the screen. My battery was at 67% when I started playing Angry Birds Space, and I played for about 10 minutes before my wife asked me to do something. Now, being OCD, I normally would back out, but what she wanted was rather urgent, so I didn't get out of the app - I just turned the screen off. 30 minutes later when I turned the phone on, it was in battery saver mode.
angry birds star wars RUINS battery life on my surface RT as well

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Skype and Nokia Drive+ are known to destroy battery life in the background, most likely due to their beta states
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos