Music + Videos App - Artist Pictures

Oscar Kinross

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I am not a fan of the Xbox-related features of the HTC 8S especially the Xbox Music feature. It ruins my library, messes with the album artwork, splits up albums, changes the artists and generally screws stuff up, however, i really like the artist background picture that appears on some of the artist when Xbox music is on.

What i want to know is this - do artist photos only show as a result of xbox music being enabled or is there some way of keeping the pictures there without having xbox music mess around with all my music? Also are there any apps or settings that can be used to manually add the background photos in?

Any feedback on the subject would be appreciated

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I am not a fan of the Xbox-related features of the HTC 8S especially the Xbox Music feature. It ruins my library, messes with the album artwork, splits up albums, changes the artists and generally screws stuff up, however, i really like the artist background picture that appears on some of the artist when Xbox music is on. <br />
<br />
What i want to know is this - do artist photos only show as a result of xbox music being enabled or is there some way of keeping the pictures there without having xbox music mess around with all my music? Also are there any apps or settings that can be used to manually add the background photos in? <br />
<br />
Any feedback on the subject would be appreciated

The artists pictures come up only when u are playing music through Music+Video. It is a proprietary of MS. The entire styling that u see. The pics, the text and all. It replicates the Zune interface...so, to see that nice UI/pics and text u will have to use the Music+Video.
Secondly, there is absolutely no way of adding your own artist images. Its something we all have been trying to do. It is Metadata from MS we have to rely in to see the artist background.
Hope I answered u query... :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR on JB.

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much! I've been jerking around with the annoying Xbox Music Sync thing for a day now, because I love the artist pictures but I hate the way it messes up your music and this solves the problem perfectly! The pictures are even visible on your lock screen when playing music and everything. I love you Piflechien.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss