Possible 822 Music Sync Resolution?

Icharbezol

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I've been a passive reader here for a bit, ever since I got to hold a Nokia Lumia 822 in my hands, pre-release. I fell in love with it, and vowed I'd have one in my hand on release. It didn't happen quite like I'd planned, but December rolled around and the Amazon penny offer came up. So now I've replaced my iPhone 4S with an 822. I must say that I'm loving it, and I'm pleased with my decision.

I haven't had any freezing/locking down problems like some. But one thing I have had major problems with is transferring music files from either of my computers (a Win 7 desktop and a MBP) to the phone. I've seen a lot of people posting about these kind of issues, and I though I would post what I've found to resolve my problems.

First off, the Mac WP App is terrible. It crashes every time I try to load it up and plug the phone in. So I've given up on that for now, even though most of my music is stored on the MBP in iTunes. Moving over to the Win 7 box, the WP App is almost as bad as the Mac one. So I tried out WMP and the sync option. I was just about to give up, having tried everything I've seen so far that people have mentioned would help, because nothing has. No matter what I've tried, every song came up duplicated in the phone two, sometimes three, times.

Then I noticed something. On prior attempts, I had loaded up everything I wanted to sync to the phone into the sync panel all at once, and let it run until completed. Now, transferring each individual album onto the phone one at a time, there is no duplication and everything is syncing perfectly.

Hopefully, this is the answer and will help others that have been experiencing the same problems :grin:

Icharbezol

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a program for OSX called All2MP3 and converted those over. I originally picked it up for converting the FLAC stuff I had found online to MP3, it seems to work quite handily for m4p as well. The only downside I've found is that it seems to strip some metadata on some songs/albums sometimes. I had to take most of the converted m4p stuff and run the album info on WMP on the Win 7 box and save it again.

But after quite some time of sitting at the computer and syncing, I have a nearly-full 32 Gb card again. With no duplicates :excited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs