Nokia 810 WITH wireless charging shell case issue

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I finally found a shell for my phone. Yay! Using my wireless charging stand. BUT now my phone will not fit in the case I bought for the phone originally. Apparently, the shell makes the shell makes the back of the phone slightly larger. Anyone else have this problem and what case did you end up using? I prefer a belt clip case but I mainly just want to protect the phone.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Can't say I have run into that issue, unfortunately - sounds like what you have is an extremely snug/tight case. The one I bought seems to not have had any issue with my wireless charging shell... and I will only buy belt clip cases so I love this one: Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 810 Black Leather Case Pouch With Rounded Flap Hidden Magnetic Closure Built In Belt Clip And Belt Loop: Everything Else

It protects the phone well and holds onto it nicely (dropped the case once, the phone was fine). Can be clipped on the edge of your pants or belt, and has the added bonus of a few extra loops so you can string your belt through it for added stability.

The_Greys

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Same problem. I bought a gel case and a hard rubber case. Both fit fine until I put the wireless back on my 810 and now they won't fit. I tried stretching the gel case and it worked but it slowly went back to original size and slid off the edges. Looser fit cases are the answer I suppose until someone starts making another size.

D

Deleted member 199301

It does add a couple MM to the phone, if I remember correctly.

focuswiz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
If anyone finds a hard case like the T-Mobile combo holster which will fit the phone with the wireless charging shell, please post.

In fact, if anyone finds cases that work well when the wireless charging shell is installed, it might be helpful.

Thanks

The_Greys

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I took my gel case and heated it with a hairdryer to get it pretty warm, (not to hot to hold) and as of right now it is staying on the phone after 6 hours

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte