Definately no Bluetooth sharing on the 900 after 7.8 Upgrade.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps you need to wait for the Nokia updates to follow that bring it in? As far as I remember, Bluetooth sharing will be for Nokia handsets only, so my HTC TITAN will be out of luck.

Kon-Aitor

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Yep, just had a very long discussion with nokia chat support. They claim it is not supported by 7.8 and we need to wait for the apps to be updated.

As for additional nokia updates they told me that there are no firmware/software updates at this time.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yep, just had a very long discussion with nokia chat support. They claim it is not supported by 7.8 and we need to wait for the apps to be updated.

As for additional nokia updates they told me that there are no firmware/software updates at this time.

Yeah right that's what they told me as well. I've previously downloaded both apps a few weeks ago while I was on tango 8773. The Bluetooth share app works, but it said that I need to update my software, and the ringtone maker app just didn't open, like it kept returning back to the start screen. Nokia has done something with these apps which now prevents wp7 users from accessing it.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
There was an OEM update together with the 7.8 update. I contacted Nokia Care again, and spoke with a Lumia expert, apparently the apps are in testing. And as I can tell the Ringtone maker app has been disabled from the marketplace, while the Bluetooth share app is remained hidden, but also disabled.

Davestrada

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded Bluetooth share before I had 7.8 and it works now :) ...I missed ringtones maker...plus I want Cinemagraph and Smart shoot is it too much to ask? :p

priyanka_bhowmick

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have nokia lumia 900 as well.

OS is 7.10.8858.136
firmware - 2175.2307.8858.12480

I am able to download bluetooth sharing, contact share, and ringtone maker.
Ringtone maker is working. Contact sharing is possible through sms and email. But Bluetooth Sharing is still saying I need to update my device. Please suggest what to do.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It's been a long time since I owned the ATT Nokia Lumia 900 but as far I recollect, the ATT version did not support Bluetooth file share on 7.8 while the international variant did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb