Did the Portico update fix crashing or freezing issues

leaperk

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So after the Portico update for the 810 my phone is still freezing up. Here are the problems that I have run into in the past 24 hours.

1. Watching a 16 minute video in MetroTube
2. Opening up connectivity shortcuts and turning on my wifi connection
3. Opening up a animated GIF in ROWI application

I might have to bit the bullet and have the phone repaired but I was curious if anyone else is still having stability issues with their phone?

D

dmdavid

i have an ativ s,and yes i still have the freezing problem with portico.

Stanvx

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Mines gotten worse... it crashed once before the update, now it's (920) crashing around twice a day :unhappy:

Brad Peters

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
My 8x (Verizon) has gone from fine to nearly-unusable. I'm on my 3rd phone, the first two got constant SIM card errors, but this one hadn't had an issue yet (albeit it had only been a week, but the other two had issues by day 2). Since updating to portico, my phone now freezes one to two times an hour, at least 50 times since I updated.

Id never seen it freeze like this before, ive got to hold the lock button down for like 8 seconds before it reboots - Any ideas? should I start from scratch and reformat my phone?

I honestly wish I hadn't updated because the group messaging function didn't get fixed like I'd hope (thanks Verizon), so what was the point?

dexi

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
My actual problems stopped when T-Mobile sent me a new Lumia 810. Before I have had some problems with stability and Music app. Now, after receiving a new phone (like a month ago) and after the update everything work smoothly. Check, maybe it is the problem with the device, not with a software?

It just assure me about the mistake I always do, means, I always buy a new cellphone, with a new Operation System, and then I suffer... :unhappysweat: I did it with Android and G1, with Nokia, and the Symbian (Nokia 6600), and now Windows 8 and Lumia 810. I should wait at least a year before we buy a phone with a new OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234